Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Stitched Up Doll

Hello everyone,

Here is another costume idea for Halloween where you just need some costume makeup to create the look. With this look, it is better to take your time to make the details look more realistic. I was in a rush to do this, so the lines were kinda thick and I didn't have the right brush. However, you get the idea.


The two makeup palette that I used the most is the Makeup Forever Professional and the Wet N Wild Painter's Palette. The Makeup Forever Professional palette is very expensive, so I would recommend just using the Wet N Wild palette which has all the colors you need to create this look.  

For the eyeshadows, I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Promegranate Punk as a base and Rockstar from Urban Decay Smoked palette. This helps create a dark purple look.


From the Naked 2 palette, I used Bootycall to highlight my brow bones


After I applied the eyeshadows, I used the black and white color from the Makeup Forever Professional palette to draw in fake lashes to create a more doll-like affect. With the same black color, I drew how I would like the shape of the cut to look like. I fill in the inside with the black color from Wet N Wild and go over it with the red from that same palette. Then I took the white color from Makeup Forever Professional palette to create the stitches. Around the stitches, you can use a black liner to create a more 3-D look.

I used the same method to create the other scars around my face. Inside the cuts, I added some thick fake blood to make it look more realistic. With the fake blood, I also used it to create the blood running down my eye. For my lips, I used the red color from the Wet N Wild palette.

To create a more doll-like look, I drew in some freckles on and around the bridge of my nose

Here is the final look: 

A more sweeter look:

Until next time,
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment