Thursday, December 8, 2011

My growing MAC and MUG eyeshadow collection

Hello Everyone,

Christmas is almost here! Need to start counting down. I can't wait for them to start showing A Charlie Brown Christmas and A Christmas Story on TV.  I've watched them ever since I was small and it just makes me feel like a kid again.

Another thing that makes me happy is my makeup collection. I have more than what a normal person would need, but collecting them makes me happy. It's like crayons. There are so many colors to choose from and endless combinations.

Adding to my MAC eyeshadow collection I also have Makeup Geeks (MUG) 8-eyeshadow starter kit. MUG is an online store started by a makeup You-tuber named Marlena. She is one of my favorite makeup artist and has become very successful in producing her own makeup line which is something I would dream about for myself. The starter kit is very cheap comparing to MAC.
MAC eyeshadow refill pans are $11.50 whereas the MUG is $5.99. As MUA, I do get 40% off MAC, but it is still cheaper to get the MUG eyeshadows.  It comes packaged like the MAC pans and the size of their pan can fit into a MAC palette.



It also has a sticker with the name of the eyeshadow on the back like MAC. The only thing is it does not have a magnet on the back, but that is an easy fix. Michaels craft store sells magnet strips that you can cut and stick to the back of the pan.

The eyeshadows are VERY pigmented. My only complaint is that they feel a bit more powdery than MAC which can have more fallouts. 
Here are the swatches from the 8 eyeshadows. MUG will be producing 60 eyeshadow colors which I am excited, but I also think I should use them more often to see if I actually like them. 

I am in love with the black. With just one swatch, look how dark it is (above). Can you tell which one below is from MAC? The left is MUG Corrupt and the right is MAC Carbon

Here are some of my MAC eyeshadows:


Neutral colors

Can you tell which one in palette below is from MUG? They all look very similar right? The ones from MUG are: Shimma Shimma, Glamorous, Unexpected, Purely Naked, Purple Rain, Corrupt, Cocoa Bear, and Mocha. If you look closely at the color Glamorous, you can see some of it falling out already. =o(

I would say overall the color is very pigmented and the price is great. Just be careful when you are handling them because the color can get all over your hands.
Here is the link if you are interested.
Have fun shopping!
<3 <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. so they fit the mac pro palette perfectly! Perfect! Thanks for this review! really helpful!

    ReplyDelete