Thursday, June 30, 2011

E.L.F. Essential Professional Complete Set of 12 Brushes

Hello Everyone,

I can't believe it's Thursday.... the week is just passing by so fast. I am excited for the three day weekend coming up. This blog is sort of like a continuation from the last blog about E.L.F. products. A few weeks ago or a month ago, E.L.F. had a promotion for their professional complete set of 12 brushes. Normally, they cost $12, but the promotion was 12 brushes for $1.20. Yep, that is right! 12 brushes for one dollar and 20 cents. That is a great deal!

I have never used E.L.F. brushes before because I like to invest in good quality brushes, however, I was thinking when I first started playing with makeup, I couldn't afford MAC brushes, even today, it's still expensive to me. The brush collection that I have now are accumulated from years and years of just saving my money and buying one brush at a time. A brush can cost up to $52 which is crazy. Well, for those who are just starting off and would like a set of brushes to practice with, these are good to use. The promotion for $1.20 is no longer available on E.L.F, but they are still a good price. Sorry, I wish I could have posted sooner so everyone can have a chance to grab them while they were having a promo, but I think the promo was just for a day.

Ok, let's get to it!
All the brushes came in one big bag and as you can see they have their own individual sleeves.

Total Face Brush- The bristles on this brush feels coarse to me compare to a MAC brush, but of course I can't complain about paying $1.20 for all 12 brushes. The bristles are synthetic. The two cons that I would say about the brushes are they smell and they shed A LOT. Just be aware. People tend not to like this brush out of all the 12 brushes. Again, they are good brushes for everyday use and the price is fantastic.


Bronzing Brush- What I like about these brushes is that they have the name printed on the brush handles. For example, if it is a bronzing brush, it says right on there. Because the brush is kinda flat near the bristle, I like to use this as a contour brush.

Some of the brushes come with their own brush sleeves which is nice

Eyelash and Brow Wand- This spool helps groom your eyebrows to make them more defined and also can be used to separate your eyelashes after applying mascara.


Blending Eye Brush- This brush is great for blending out eyeshadows for a smokey eye. However, if you are working with a small crease area, it can be a little bit difficult, but do-able.


Lip Defining Brush- Personally, I don't use lip brushes but it does help blend in the color more evenly on your lips.


Eyeliner Brush- This is good for tight lining or lining your inner and outer lash line. Definitely good with gel liners and wet formulas.


Smudge Eye Sponge- This is to help smudge out the eyeliners on your lower and upper lash line for that smokey eye effect. Also, to soften those harsh lines. As shown below, it is a sponge tip not bristles.


Concealer Brush- The brush is kinda small but I can see that it will work well if you are just trying to conceal a small area. More for precision than for your entire face. If you are trying to use this for a larger area, this will take you days maybe years to cover up. Just sayin.


Defining Eye Brush- I like this brush a lot because it's small enough to get into the crease of my eyelid.


Foundation Brush- This brush does blend the foundation well into your skin, but I use this more as a concealer than for foundation.


Brow Comb and Brush- For this, I only use the brush side after I draw in my eyebrows to soften the look. I don't really use the comb unless I need to trim my eyebrows.... which I don't do myself.


Eyeshadow Brush- This is my favorite brush out of the 12 and I use this to pack on color to my eyelid. It does have a small brush, but it fits the shape of my eyes really well.


So, these are the 12 brushes that are in the essential brush collection and they are worth the price you are paying for. Despite the shedding, it's a great set overall because I can see most of these brushes being used everyday.

Good Night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment