Monday, October 1, 2012

Cooking with Sugarcookie #14: How to cook cornish hen

Hello Everyone,

Ever since project tin pan, I feel lost.... not being able to buy any cosmetics until I am finished with the ones I have makes me sad. Well, at least I can still share with all of you my cooking.

Here is another one of my healthy eating: meat and veggies with a cup of homemade juice.

I like to use cornish hen instead of a whole chicken because it's smaller in portion and I can finish it in two sittings instead of 5.


Make sure to clean and wash the hen. Then put it in a pan on top of a tin foil.

I don't add too many spices, just the normal salt, pepper, and a small amount of unsalted butter.



With whole hen or chicken, I love adding vermicelli as a stuffing. There is a lot of flavor inside the hen or chicken that it makes the noodles very flavorful. Soak the vermicelli in cold water for about 15 minutes and then add a bit of salt and pepper. Next step, stuff it into the hen.

While the hen is baking in the oven at 475 degrees for 50 minutes, I start prepping my Chinese long beans. This is one of my favorite vegetable. 

Cut the string beans into 2 inch segments

Then wash them before cooking. I stir-fried them using garlic and salt.

In the meantime, I love to juice. It gives me energy and makes me feel healthy. I am not using anything too complicated... just fuji apples, celery, and carrots.

Hmmm.... yummy!

Alright, here is the finished meal. 
Bon Appetit!


Until next time,
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired

Have a great night!
<3 <3<3

No comments:

Post a Comment