Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Dior Grand Bal 2012 Holiday Collection + Haul

Hello everyone,

I am so proud of myself for not buying any makeup from the time I did project tin pan until now. I was able to hit pan on 5 out of the 10 products I have listed in my previous blog. Now, it is the holiday season and most makeup brands have came out with their Holiday collections. The top three high-end makeup brand that I gravitate towards are Chanel, Dior, and a toss-up between YSL and Lancome.

For Dior Grand Bal 2012 Holiday Collection, I was able to get everything I wanted to try, but there were some items that I am not too impressed with and will be returning. All the holiday collections are limited edition so if you really want to try it make sure to get it.

There are two Dior 5- Couleurs Eyeshadow palette:  Night Gold and Fairy Gold.
The packaging is just beautiful!

I have picked the Fairy Gold because it has the gold shimmery eyeshadow that I feel I can wear for any holiday events. Be aware that the gold does have a lot more fallout but it is workable. At first, this palette looks like any other nude color palette, but once I swatch the colors onto my hand, I fell in love..... and that is the end of the story. I definitely recommend this palette if you are to pick between Night Gold or Fairy Gold. Actually, I would recommend this palette overall.


There are four different shades of lipstick for this collection: Diorling, Diva, Lady, and Marilyn. I picked Marilyn because I like the hint of pink with the red. My other choice would be Diorling because it is purely red which I like also. Again, the packaging is very adorable, however, I don't find the lipstick itself anything special.





The nail polish is the best out of this entire collection. Just the packaging alone sold me. There are 4 different colors for the Diorific Vernis which also match the names for the lipsticks: Lady, Dive, Marilyn, and Diorling. The two colors I got are Lady and Diva. Diva is the most gorgeous and popular color so it may be a bit to find in stores.



Now, for the other haul items I have are:

Eau De Parfum from Hollister called Addison. This smells so good and I have gotten so many compliments on it. If you are ever in the store, smell it. Subtly sweet and not overpowering. It is a "blend of sun ripened peach, peony, and sunshine musk." As most of you know, I love Pink Sugar, but this tops it. That's right, I said it. This will make such a great present.




Here is a reminder for those Sephora VIB members, there is a 20% discount starting tomorrow for anything in the store. This is when I try to stock up on some of the products I used most often and maybe also to try new products.

Until next time,
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

4 comments:

  1. Hi how are you liking the lady nail polish? Lots of people complain about the brush strokes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that with Lady you have to apply many coats for the color to show up well on your nail. I don't recommend buying this color even though it looks nice in the bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your honest opnion. How have you been liking the other products you have got?
      Love to hear.

      Delete
  3. Nawi, I do recommend buying the Fairy Golds eyeshadow palette from that collection. I have been using it every day and I love it.

    ReplyDelete