Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sally Hansen Gel Polish Review

Hello everyone,

As I was walking down the aisle at CVS, I stopped by the nail polish section of the store and saw these home manicure gel polish by Sally Hansen. I have always love the look of gel nails, but I am too stubborn to go get my nails done at a salon because I don't want to pay for a service I can do at home. I didn't know how it was going to turn out so I just picked up the base coat, a pink color polish, and a top coat. With gel polish, you do need a LED or UV lamp to cure the polish.


The color gel polish I got is called Shell We Dance. I do like the base and top coat, but the pink gel polish is very sheer. With 2 coats, I still feel like it's not opaque enough like the picture on the box. However, I did top it off with a clear coat of glitter polish and it looks great. You do have to play around with it to see what you like and your preference on how thick you like you polish to be.

It is a 3 step process and they do number the bottle cap. Just don't get it mixed up because the bottles look the same.

Like all gel polish, you apply the base coat and let it cure for 30 seconds under a LED or UV lamp. Then apply the color polish and cure for 30 seconds, 2 coats prefer so repeat this step twice. The last step is to apply the top coat and cure for 30 seconds. After that, wipe of the stickiness on
 the top of the nails with a nail cleanser pad and you are done! Fast and easy!

It does last quite a long time without chipping. I do like it so I went back to pick up three other shades because CVS is offering a $5 coupon for every $10 purchase.

With so much alcohol and coats on my nail, my cuticles are dry. The best cuticle gel I have used so far is from Sally Hansen VitaSurge. It immediately hydrates and makes my nail look healthier. Not to mention, it smells good too.




Overall, I do like the products and hoping they will be coming out with more shades.
Cheers!


Until next time,
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment