Sunday, April 15, 2012

Teavana Goodies!

Hello Everyone,

I have always like drinking tea and it is so much better for you than coffee. At home, I do have a Keurig that makes earl grey tea, however, after tasting the tea from Teavana, I have become even more obsessed. I would use my Keurig to make tea when I just want something quick and Teavana tea when I want something more rich. Teavana has loose tea leaves that need to be filtered with a tea strainer  in order for the desireable flavor to pass through. All you need is a pot and a mesh strainer. This is what I am using for now until I can get a real cast iron tea set.



Teavana has so many varieties of teas to choose from and my two favorites are: oolong and flavored scented white tea.
]

To keep the tea leaves fresh, it is best to get a sealed container. I got the containers from Teavana ($7) and it is convenient to bring the tin back to the store when you buy more. There are two different types of tins, one for the regular tea and the other for the citrus tea.


The container for white tea mixed with fruits has a extra plastic cover because of the citrus oils.


Here is the flavored scented white tea in Youthberry. It supposed to taste youthful and fresh. The tea is made from pineapple, mango, fuji apples, red currant, acai berry, and white tea. This is a source of antioxidant and detoxification. It contains 1% of caffeine.  It smells really good.


Oolong tea are know to aid with metabolism and be used as part of a weight loss plan. It can also aid in digestion and promotes healthy skin and teeth. My favorite Oolong tea is the Monkey Picked Oolong which is the most expensive one they have. These are the highest grade of oolong in the world. The reason it is called Monkey Picked Oolong is because "legend has it that Buddhist Monks trained monkeys to gather the youngest leaves from the tip-top of wild tea trees." It has 10-15% of caffeine.



I would have my cup of tea with a snack or during a meal.
Have a great night and drink your teas!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment