Thursday, May 10, 2012

DIY- Interior house painting

Hello Everyone,

I have not been posting a whole lot these few weeks because I have taken on another project that I need to get done. It's been a while since my house has been remodeled and I am devoting a lot of my time to it. Who says you need a man? I want to share this experience to all the women out there because you can do a lot by yourself around the house. I am learning as I go and let me tell you, it is quite an experience. Not only is it cheaper to do it yourself, but the skill that you gained from it is something you can keep forever. That's what my grandfather always tell me.

Painting can be such a pain, but seeing the work after brings instant gratification. With painting, you want to make sure you lay down a good amount of plastic to cover the floor. My floor is dark so every little mistake with the white paint can be seen. To create a clean line, make sure you use tape and have a cloth ready to clean up any paint that does get on the floor.



I am painting over a tan color trim

Be careful, it is going to get very messy so wear something you don't want or that can be disposed.
My fingers always look like this by the end of the day. No nail polish!!! I made that mistake the first time and it got so messy.

Here are some pictures of after: Still need to paint the walls......


Definitely will keep you all updated and will try to continue my regular blog soon.
I will also be taking up sewing.... can't wait to show you what I will be making.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

8 comments:

  1. Interior painting is something that can be easily and inexpensively done by any homeowner. Even for the person who has never done any painting, it is a chore that can be accomplished. It just takes the proper procedure and the use of some simple tips. In no time, a room can be transformed just by changing the color.




    Residential Painters Hingham

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post but aside from this I'm interested also to interior house painting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now Interior Painting decoration is simple and easy because we can find professional of this field easily. ad they know how to complete their quality work in time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Thank you for sharing your thoughts about interior house painter in your area. I am glad to stop by your site and know more about interior house painter. Keep it up! This is a good read. I will be looking forward to visit your page again and for your other posts as well
    Modern paints are available in various specialized formulations that can be fade resistant, chip resistant, odor free, antibiotic to resist mould and fungi growth, etc.
    Premiere Pros proudly serves the South Shore of MA (Massachusetts), including the towns of Braintree, Milton, Abington, Quincy, Hanover, Hingham, Weymouth, Norwell, Scituate and Cohasset.

    Interior House Painter Hingham

    ReplyDelete
  7. Job well done, you're on your way to house renovation.

    toronto painting

    ReplyDelete