Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Mega Project: Remodeling and painting my house

Hello Everyone,

OMG!!! I have not posted a blog in such a long time. I do have a reason and it is not because I am lazy. I have been working on a mega project around my house and I have just completed 80% of it. I do have a full time job, a weekend job, studying for an exam, and in addition, remodeling my house so there is a lot going on but in the end it is all worth it.

I like to share what it was before and how it looks after.... I didn't take too many before pictures because once everything got started it was moving very fast. It has been a while since I have changed the carpet and it was very grungy. The first thing I did was hire some people to take out the carpet and sand down the floor. I knew I wanted the floor to be dark because I want to make it look modern. I definitely learned a lot throughout this process.

Did I say embarrassing grungy??!! Ok.... here it is.
Before: The wood was brown


The hallway carpet

Living room

The floors are now done and painting the trims white.




The walls and the trims are white so it looks a bit dull right here.

Now for some colors!!!! 
Beige walls for the living room. I want it to feel warm.

Yellow for the dining room


Sage tint walls for the hallway

Now, with the decors:
I want the rooms to look fresh and clutter free.








I hope this inspires you to remodel and work on a mega housing project like I did. I am very proud of myself for doing all of this with no help from others (except the floor). The painting took forever and I feel like my arms were going to fall off.  It's a great learning experience and makes me appreciate it that much more.

Will be going back to my regular blogging schedule until my next project----- remodeling my room....
Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Wow! You did a pretty good job remodeling your space. But I think the “star” of your remodeling project is your shiny, well-polished floor. The floor definitely sets the mood in the room. It creates a very good contrast with your white wall and gives depth to the space. I’m sure that a lot of people will consider using that kind of floor when they read your post!

    (Colby Moore)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You really did a great job doing all of this on your own! The darker floor and the colors of the wall really made the space look more modern. I like your choice of furniture and decors too. I think the living room area looks cozy and I absolutely love the white fluffy carpet underneath the center table.

    Concepcion Gusman

    ReplyDelete