Sunday, December 9, 2012

Countdown to Christmas: 16 Days

Hello everyone,

The best time to buy high end cosmetics is around the holidays. Not only does some brands include gifts, the holiday collections usually have beautiful color combinations. As I have mentioned in my previous blogs, my favorite high end cosmetic brands are Chanel, Dior, and a tie between Tom Ford and YSL. Today, I will review some of Chanel's Holiday Limited Edition.

Chanel makes great quality nail polish and I have not experienced any streaking yet. Just make sure to apply a good top coat to help it last longer. The colour that I got this season is in Chanel 637 Malice. It's a very classic color that looks great on almost any outfit.



One of my favorite item from this season is the eye shadow quad in Chanel 5203 Harmonie Du Soir.

All Chanel eyeshadow quads and blush comes with a nice cover....

And a nice signature package...

I love how each of the eyeshadow colors are embossed with a quilted effect and the CC monogram. These eyeshadow colours are the colours from a classic Chanel jacket button in the Eclats Du Soir De Chanel collection. These colors are very festive and gives a radiant sheen. I would recommend buying this palette if you are going to splurge on any high end makeup.

Here are the swatches:  

The last item I got from the collection is the Chanel Sculpting Veil for Eyes and Cheeks in Notorious- Limited Edition. I am not sure if it is still being sold online, but it is only available at certain Chanel makeup counters.

It does look scary in the pan because it's just a dark gray color, but it blends very well. Keep in mind a little goes a long way so DO NOT use a lot. I use this for contouring my cheeks and a little bit on my nose. Too much of this can make you look sick.

With just a soft tap, I can get a lot of the product on my brush.

Here is a swatch of how the color looks on the skin:

It does help make your face look slimmer depending on how you contour and how well you blend.

All of these are great gifts for someone who loves makeup.

Until next time, 
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment