Tuesday, June 25, 2013

City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments NYX Makeup Collection Review

Hello Everyone,

NYX cosmetic company just came out with a makeup collection inspired by a series of book called City of Bones. A movie will be coming out in August, however, I am not sure if the movie will be better than the book. I did enjoy reading the book, but when I saw the movie trailer..... I am not sure if I will watch it. It's about a character named Clary Fray who finds our she is a Shadowhunter, which are half-angel and half human warriors, during her quest to find her mother who have been kidnapped. With her newfound powers, she met some fellow shadowhunters and also battle demons along the way to save her mother.

The packaging is cute, but very bulky. I like using these type of boxes to store makeup that I use everyday so it doesn't clutter up my table.


On the top of the box, there is a black decorative jewel that is absolutely adorable.


Outside the box, there is a picture that shows what is inside.

Now, here is what's inside the box:

This Look Book help you recreate a Day Look similar to Clary and Night Look similar to Isabel.

I see some makeup....



This collection has very nice collection combination that I can't wait to wear. 
For the eyeshadow palette, I do like all the colors except for the one with the glitter shadow on the left. I am nota big fan of glitter eyeshadows.

My favorite colors are the shimmery beige and the purple (pic below: the middle swatch and the last swatch all the way to the right). With this palette, you can also create an ombre look. The glitter shadow swatch comes out uneven (shade on the bottom) and does not look very appealing to wear.

The pink color on the right of the eyeshadow swatches is a soft matte lip cream in the color Istanbul. It feels dry on my lips after 30 minutes of wear which I don't like at all. I prefer lip gloss over matte lip creme. 

I do like this blush from NYX called Pinched. It's a very opaque pink. A little dab of your blush brush goes a long way. 

Another item that I do like is the NYX Jumbo Pencil in Cashmere. I used it before and really like the shimmer. During the summer I normally just apply one color of eyeshadow on my eyelid to keep it looking natural. The color Cashmere would be something I would wear all summer.


There is also a mascara in the collection, but I have not used it because I have lash extensions. I don't like putting mascara over my lash extensions so I was not able to test it out. Le Frou Frou mascara looks very promising and the spool does not pick up a lot of product which is what I like. That means you won't get too much clumping and easy to build up.


The last product is the liquid eyeliner. I have used this before and it takes a lot of precision and steady hand to create a nice wing. It's not bad, but takes some practice to perfect.


Overall, this collection does have a lot of wearable colors. I would recommend buying it and don't forget, it comes with a nice box that you can store and display on your shelf.

Back to studying..... 

Until next time,  
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment