Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Cooking with Sugarcookie #17: How I make Vietnamese Spring Rolls

Hello Everyone,

During the summer I like to eat light for dinner and this is one of my favorite dish to make. For about $24, you can make about 30-35 spring rolls, maybe even more.

I would use half of the ingredients and make about 12 spring rolls at a time. This will last me about 3 days. Another nice thing about this dish is it is good to eat it cold. So once you make the rolls, you can take them out of the fridge and eat them right away.

It's healthy and very simple to make. Most of the work is in the prepping.

First, I would start cooking the meat. I bought 1 pound of pork butt. Slice them as thin as you like and cook them in boiled water. For this dish, I don't even add salt at all.


After the pork has been cooked (10-15minutes), I take them out and add shrimp into the same boiling water. The shrimp gets cooked very fast. Once they turn pink, it is ready to scoop them out. After the shrimp is cooked, I peel off the skin and slice them in half.

While those were cooking, I was prepping/washing the red lettuce, cucumbers, basil leaves, and cooking the noodles in just boiled water.




Now that everything is done, the last thing is the wrap. All you need to do is soak the wrap in cold water for a second and it will get soft and sticky.


When wrapping, don't put too much ingredients inside or else it will be hard to roll. Wrap it like a burrito and then it is ready to eat!!! I like to eat my spring rolls with sriracha hot sauce on the side as a dip.

Bon Appetit!

Until next time,
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment