Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Eyes. Lips, and Face (E.L.F) Review

Hello Everyone,

I know most of you probably heard of the makeup brand called E.L.F. which can be purchased at your local drugstore and also online. I have used E.L.F brand before, but I have mix reviews about them. They are known to be pretty inexpensive ranging from $1- $35 for most of their products. I would recommend this to someone who is just starting off with using makeup for the first time because of the price points. As you start using more of their products, you can get a feel of what they have that are good. They also have reviews to help guide you to a product that most people rave about. For example, the bestseller are usually the high definition powder, eye palettes, primer, powder brush, and cream eyeliners.

What I really want was the brush holder because I didn't have a place to store all my brushes. I know a lot of people use office supplies to hold their brushes which was what I did before, but now I need a larger container. As I started to look around at their website, of course, I added more items to my basket. Also, at the time there was a promotion where you buy 12 brushes for $1.20.... WOW! How cheap is that???!!! That definitely was going into my basket. I wasn't able to fit all of that into this review so I will create a second blog for those 12 brushes.

Let's start with the brush holder. This is the most expensive item in my basket: $15.00. I have all sorts of brushes from MAC, Sigma, Bare Essentials, E.L.F, etc.... and now they all have a home.

I have also picked up two All-Over Eyeshadow brushes for $1 each (This is not part of the 12 brushes that I will blog later). Mochi (my dog) took a hold of one of the brushes and started to chew on it. I decided to give it to her as a toy since it was only $1. She loves that brush more than her toys that cost $5. These brushes are surprisingly soft and are really good for highlighting under the eyebrows. I use this quite often and again it was only $1.

The next thing I got is their Bestsellers Collection for $5

Inside the package there is an eyelash curler which is pretty decent. I was letting one of my friend use it, not knowing what brand it is, she thought it was from Sephora. I told her it was from E.L.F and she was shocked on how good the quality is.

The liquid eyeliner is just a tiny brush that some people like to use to line their upper eyelashes. For me, I like to use gel liners unless it is the Lancome Arte liner then it's a different story.


An eyeshadow brush... it's not the softest brush that I have used, but it is good enough to be able to pick up any of the eyeshadows that I have.

I am little bias when it comes to mascaras. I love love Maybelline mascaras so it's hard for me to like this one. I used it twice and I didn't see anything too special about this. It's actually not as bad as everything says it is, but it does get messy because it's too liquid-y.

The bristles are very plain and it doesn't help separate my lashes very well.

Lastly, the eyeshadow palette. I can see myself wearing these colors on a daily basis so that was one of the reasons I picked this set. The colors here are neutral and are very pigmented as you can see down below. They do have fallouts but it's not that bad. I can see myself purchasing more of their eyeshadow palettes in the future since they are only $1-$3.

With this palette you can create a day look with just two colors and you can add on the darker brown for a more brown smokey eye-look for night time.

That's it for now.
Take care,

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment