Thursday, June 2, 2011

Milani Blush and Eyeshadow Collection

Hello Everyone,

Happy June!! My goodness....The weather in San Francisco is crazy this week.... Mr. Sun, I love you, but please make up your mind. I am currently trying out my HD camcorder which I have forever. I find that it is easier to capture any close up images than my Canon 60D camera. I will be using both depending on the setting.


So, I went to Target to pick up some storage items and I decided to stop by the beauty aisle, of course. I heard great reviews about the brand Milani, but i don't think it's getting the publicity that it should. I would consider this as a high-end drugstore store product. Milani is great on all skin color, especially people who have dark skin. The products I want to review are the baked blushes and eye shadows from Milani. Let me say this, "Gorgeous colors!"


I want to start with the two blush colors:
This one is called Berry Amore in 03. It is a peachy coral color with some gold shimmer. One thing to keep in mind is a little goes a long way. The gold adds a glow to your cheeks and that is something we all want during the summer.


Look how pigmented it is with just one swatch.


This one is called Luminoso 05. This one and the one above is kind of similar in color but the Luminoso does not have the chucky gold glitter inside. It does have a gold shimmer to it, but doesn't show up too much on your cheek. In the picture above, I have Milani Luminoso on my cheeks.


I love MAC products, but these are great cheap dupes for MAC shimmer blushes. Trust me.


On to the Milani eye shadows. This is called Bronze Doll in #03.

These eye shadows can be used wet or dry. If you wet your brush and then dip it into the eyeshadow, the color will be more intense and dramatic whereas if you pick up the product with a dry brush, it will give you a different effect. The reason I like these a lot is because you can use one color as two.... one to give a softer effect and you can deepen the color (by wetting the brush) on your outer V to give it the smokey effect. I have been using this for3 days straight and it doesn't seem like I made any dent on the product.


This swatch is straight from the palette (dry) and it's already very pigmented. Just imagine how the color will look like wet.


This color can be use for an everyday look.


The color here looks lighter than the color on my hand.... just to show that it can look different in different lightings.


This color is called Beach Sand in #11. It is a lighter shade of nude which I thought will be great to dab onto the middle of your lid to make your eyes look brighter. It does have shimmer in it so I don't recommend you to put it under the arch of your eyebrows unless you are wearing matte eyeshadows and just want a bit of shimmer on top.



As you can see, it is a bit light. I just love the color.


Moving onto the darker shades. This one is from the newer collection that just came out for Milani Marbleized baked eyeshadow. It is called Fusion #615. Gorgeous color and it looks even better on.
Again, all of these eye shadows can be applied wet or dry.

BAM!! Look at that... it has purple and gold mixed together. Damnnnn! That's Hot!!
Ok, calm down Diana, it ain't that serious.



This is a nice purple color by itself and it is called Aubergine #13. Purple looks great on all eye colors so it's nice to stock up on it.


All of these colors look fantastic on. I am crazy for them now and I have ordered some more colors online because there was a 25% discount on this site called: Cherryculture. I don't think the discount is there anymore, but I am sure there are coupons out there for Milani products.

Happy coupon hunting!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment