Thursday, June 16, 2011

June Birchbox

Hello Everyone,

This month's Birchbox theme is all about traveling and products that you should have for summer. Out of the 5 products I am in love with 3. However, I find it fun to try products that I have never heard of which is the whole point of subscribing to Birchbox. This month I am trying to get my reviews out before the end of the month as you can tell. So, let's get started.



Here are the list of the 5 items that are in this box

First two items here are Nuxe Reve de Miel Ultra comfortable body cream and Sircuit cosmeceuticals Molecular Mist.

The Nuxe body cream is very buttery and not sticky at all. I love the way it feels on my skin.....ooohhhh so nice. I can see why this product can keep your skin hydrated especially for those who have dry and sensitive skin. It contains macadamia nut oil to help soothe any irritations and replenish moisture. Macadamia nut oil has a fatty acids composition that keeps your skin silky. In addition, it also contains honey which helps tone and restore your skin.
I would definitely buy this product! I have used so many body creams and this one is pretty darn good.

Sircuit Molecular Mist is to help keep your face hydrated throughout the day, especially during summer. It can also act as a makeup setting spray similar to the Urban Decay All Nighter. It's a really cute sample tube and I can see myself filling it up with other makeup setting sprays as a carry-on. The product does feel refreshing once you spray it on your face and I can feel it tighten up my pores, but I wouldn't buy this product when I can use the Urban Decay for a cheaper price. Nice though.

Now, let's look inside the smaller pink wrapper.

The firs thing I saw was the Laura Gellar baked blush n' brighten compact container and I was soooooo excited. Laura Gellar products are made in Italy and she is also on QVC. I just bought two products from her line before I got my Birchbox and they were both the baked blush but in different colors. That's why when I saw this, I was like OMG!!! Love it! Her baked blush are amazing! These baked palettes starts off as a creamy liquid and then she bakes them for 24 hours and it comes out with beautiful swirls.

This one has a bit of shimmer, but there are other ones in her collection that is more matte. I like the shimmer because it gives you a bit of a summer glow.

The next thing is the Kate Spade Twirl perfume sample. I love this scent.... it smells fruity and floral at the same time. It's not overpowering. I can see this being worn during the day and on a hot summer night at the beach. I am not into musky scents... more fruity and a bit of floral is just right for me. My boyfriend wears Jean Paul Gaultier "Le Male" and I love that on him even though it has a little musk it's nice on guys. But on me, I like more feminine, playful, scents.
I do enjoy this scent and the little packaging is so adorable. Gold and Pink!

And on the inside it says, "she had a cocktail in hand and confetti in her hair" how girly is that?!! I love it!

The last thing in this box is the Deborah Lippmann Stripper to go Nail Lacquer Removers. It comes with 2 packets and basically it is to fix any mani problems you would have when you are on the plane or on vacation. These little packets are easy to fit in your bag. Personally for me, I don't think I will be fixing my nails on the plane or on vacation.... If the paint chips.... whatever! Deal with it! Not to be bias, for those who does, this may be product for you.

After removing the finger mitt from the package....

It slips onto one of your fingers and you just start wiping your nail polishes away.


While I was using it, I find that the first package that I opened didn't stay wet to completely remove my nail polishes from all ten nails. I was only able to get 7 nails done and the 8th nail was difficult to remove so had to I open the second packet and use that one. Just a FYI, my nails were not that long to begin with. The second packet lasted a little bit longer and I was able to remove all 10 toe nails with one mitt. Maybe it's a hit or miss? The good thing about it is not only does it remove your nail polishes, but it doesn't leave your nails dry. It has aloe to moisturize your nails and cuticles.


Alright, that is all I have for you.

Have a nice night!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment