Sunday, June 5, 2011

Getting back in shape

Hello Everyone,

Summer is approaching and I want to start getting back in shape. Another reason I am trying to get back in shape is, I am getting older and being healthy is one of my priorities in life. Besides my boyfriend pushing me to start working out, I have been inspired by a picture of Kourtney Kardashian jogging on a beach with a tone ass body. I am sure everyone has their own sort of inspiration and it's good to have that because that is what motivates you to want to do better.

Here is the picture that I look at every time before I start jogging. =)

In addition to running, I would also tone up on the side at the gym (sometimes). I would run 4-5 miles every other day. Eating healthy and regulating your calorie intake will help you lose weight. I find that this part is the hardest for me because I am a foodie and I used to be able to eat anything anytime I want. Now, I can start to feel my metabolism slowing down and I need to start regulating what I eat and how much I eat. I also notice after walking up 10-15 flight of stairs I tend to have shortness of breath(SOB) but now that I am running, it's not that bad.

Why running is good for you:
Strengthen your cardiovascular system- by getting your blood flowing and pumping.
Creates balance- if you decide to jog outdoor (which I do) because there are objects, people and pets that you need to avoid so you need to control your pace at time which strengthen your balance.
Creates endurance
Lose body fat
etc...
All of these are great for your body besides your feet hurting. If you are running on concrete, make sure you are wearing a pair of comfortable running shoes

What I eat on a normal day:
Morning- I would have a yogurt parfait (I know there is sugar) or honey nut cheerios for breakfast with a piece of fruit on the side.

Lunch- salad or fruits. I am trying to substitute a small bag of chips for nuts... but I just love potatoes.... arrggghhh... =o)

Dinner- I tried to take out the carbs but I crave for rice and noodles which I will have sometimes because I don't want to take everything out. Just in moderation. So, dinner will be either rice with a plate of lean meat and veggie or pho.

When you are jogging, wear something comfortable. For me, I usually wear a sports bra with a tank top with running shorts. If it's cold, I will wear a T-shirt on top with running shorts.


I love pink running shorts. It's a must. Run with style!


I hope this inspired some of you too.
See ya!


<3 <3 <3
Follow me here or on twitter!!!
Thanks for the support.

No comments:

Post a Comment