Monday, March 14, 2011

A new hairstyle and my love for Paul Mitchell

Hi Everyone,

I just have to rave about one of the best hair salons that I went to this weekend. It's not high end or fancy, however, the hairstylist is awesome. Let me tell you a little bit of how I found this place.... several years ago a friend of mine recommend me to get my haircut at a salon in the inner sunset in San Francisco. I would consider myself a very loyal customer once I find a good hairstylist. In the past, I have always been going to the same person for my haircut and if she is not working that day I will not go in. I just don't like other people who are not familiar with the texture and the style of my hair to cut it. Yes, I am kinda picky on who cuts my hair... but I am not picky when it comes to food. I will eat almost anything.  

Getting back to the topic.... my hairstylist moved to Burlingame and I am starting to get lazy driving there just for a haircut.... I been very faithful to her for the past 5 years, however, because of the gas, time, and her schedule... it can get bit difficult. My hair has not been cut or trimmed for the last 4 months.... YIKES! So, I want to look for a place that is closer to home and someone who I can trust. I decided to look up different salons in SF on Yelp and I saw pretty good reviews for the place that my friend was recommending me to go a few years ago. My hair was in dire need of a cut and style so I decided to give it a try.

The next thing I know, I am sitting in the chair waiting for an older Asian male to cut my hair. He was not what I have in mind and I was freaking out.... not knowing what I am getting myself into. I was thinking maybe I should have driven to Burlingame. The hairstylist name is Lee. Lee has long hair that is tied back and wears glasses. As soon as I start telling him what style I am looking for, he understood quickly and suggested what looks good with my face shape. He was very patient and I didn't feel like he was rushing to get me out of there. I started to feel calm knowing that he has a lot of experience and the way he explains everything shows how passionate he is. Lee was a teacher in China and he switched his profession to become a hairstylist because he never understood why every time he goes in for a haircut he never likes the way it looks on him. He would go back to the salon to get it re-cut and is still not satisfied. So, he took it upon himself to attend cosmetology school at night and from then on he loves what he does.

I am going to summarize in one sentence.... He knows what he is doing. The name of the place is called Jun's Beauty Salon. They also have very good review on threading and waxing which I have not tried yet.

So, this is my new haircut.



The product he used on my bangs is from Paul Mitchell.... oh I forgot how much I love his products. I went to a store nearby called Daily Beauty Supply to pick up some hair products. This is another place that I like to buy my products from because I get pretty good deals there. 

I got this large 1 Liter bottle of Paul Mitchell Tea Tree conditioner for $21.34. The original price is $30.49. I was able to get 30% discount on my purchase, that is why I love going there.  


Paul Mitchell Dry Wax is what I use to style my bangs. It helps keep it in place and it doesn't really have a smell to it.  I got a 10% discount on this: $16.19
Original Price: $17.99


The last thing I got from that store is the Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum. This helps your hair look shiny and healthy. I got another 10% discount: $18.99.
Original price: $20.99

It's nice to see my hair healthy and vibrant again.... yes, 4 months is a bit too long wait to get my hair did.

Lee is now my new hairstylist. 
The price he charge for shampoo, haircut, and hair style is $45 including tip. He only takes cash. Another thing is that I hardly ever have cash on me, usually credit cards, but he trusted me to go to an ATM to get cash out after giving me a great haircut. 
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment