Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Puppy Training Class at Petco

Hi Everyone,

I have taken my puppy, Mochi, to her third day of puppy training class and it's so fun. I guess what makes it fun is to see other puppies in the class and how they play with each other. Mochi is the smallest dog in that class and she is always getting stepped on by bigger puppies when they play.
Poor Mochiiiii....
She is starting to get use to playing with other dogs which is what I want because if you don't expose them to other dogs or people they tend to bark, especially with the little ones...... they can be feisty. Luckily, Mochi is not feisty. She is always in a submissive position when she meets bigger dogs, however, she does like to play once she gets to know you. I heard mixed feelings about puppy training class at Petco... some people said it didn't really help and others said it did.
My take on this is that the owner needs to socialize in class with other owners and puppies for it to be more worthwhile. This will then help you train your own puppy because you are observing how other puppies respond. Also, to practice on a daily basis of what was taught in class.

Most importantly, training your puppy takes a lot of time and commitment.... which is one of my biggest struggle. Other then that, the class is worthwhile depending on how much effort you put into it.


Uughhh! My hair is not liking the rain.

Mochi say "Bye, bye"

No comments:

Post a Comment