Thursday, March 31, 2011

It's Birchbox Time!

Hi Everyone,

Birchbox has sent me another surprise...... filled with goodies. I got the package close to the middle of March and I want to test most of them out before I post a blog about the products. The products for this month is just alright.... it's more like a transition from winter to spring for your daily staples. I am sure most of you have your winter and summer skin regimens because there's different needs due to the change in weather. For me, I like my skin to be a little lighter during the winter and tanner during the summer. Spring is all about giving you skin a little bit more color, applying UV protections, keeping your lips moist, and smelling like tropical fruits. I know I carry a big bottle of Fiji Passion Fruit body splash in my bag.... I would take it out and spray myself at least 5 times a day.... damn! that's a lot don't you think? Yes, that is how much I like that scent.  Hey, you can also use it for other things like when you step into the public restroom and it stank or when you walk by someone who just laid an egg .... spray some in the air and you won't even notice anymore. You will feel like you are in paradise.  That's why I have a big bottle in my bag... what about you?  =)

So, what's in this beautiful box?

Love the hot pink wrapper and black bow.... such an awesome color together.

In the box there are 4 items plus a bonus item.
If you choose to buy any of the items in a regular size bottle or container it shows you how much it cost down below.

First item...... Alchimie Forever Kantic Mask. It comes in a small tube that is about 5ml/0.17oz
It is packed with natural botanicals and also reduces signs of aging. It feel luxurious when I first put it on..... no wonder it cost $60 for a 3.3 fl oz container. It contains blueberries, wild pansies, oats, grapes and vitamin E. To me, this smells like blueberries... pretty nice. Don't forget to wash it off after 15 min with lukewarm water.
Con: 10 minutes after applying it to my face I can feel a slight itch near my forehead and on my cheeks.... maybe because the mask is drying off and it's telling me to go wash it now or maybe it is just me....

Overall, I would apply it again tomorrow, but I don't think I am going to buy it for $60.
 
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Glow Pad
So, remember what I said... add a little color to your skin for Spring! I have heard of this brand before, but I have not yet never tried it.  These tiny wipes has sunless tanning ingredients that activates your body's own melanin to customized to your skin. You can also build it up depending on how dark you would like to be.... if you just want some light color, you just rub the towel once on your skin in circular motion and if you want it darker, go over it again.

Just recently the weather has been nice so I am going to try the glow pad tomorrow.

Marvis Classic Mint Toothpaste
When I saw this I wasn't too thrilled.... it's just a toothpaste. It is imported from Italy and has a nice peppermint smell. I have tried it and it does leave my breathe minty fresh. I do like the fact that it doesn't leave any gritty residues like some toothpaste. I have to admit.... my mouth does feel especially clean. I am going to save this for traveling.

Pangea Organics Lip Balm
This is what I like the most out of the 4 products. This organic lip balm smells good.... exactly what it says.... grapefruit and sweet orange. The most important thing is how well it stays on my lips. I tested it out for two nights.... I am a person who likes to apply lip balms to my lips before bed because in the morning you will have soft ass lips. This lip balm really keeps your lips moisturized for quite a while.... i know I have my favorite lip balms... but this is also up there somewhere.

The bonus item is the brow brush. It's just like any other brow brush so no need to say too much. I do like to use this to shape my brows and to help fill out the brows after applying the eyebrow pencil.


Well, that's all folks...

Good night!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment