Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My baby Mochi

Hi Everyone,

It's always nice to have a companion who will always be there for you and to snuggle with.... I am talking about a puppy. They are the most adorable little creatures who will make you mad 20% of the time, but 80% of the time will make you happy. My puppy is a pure bred Yorkshire Terrier. I got her when she was 8 weeks old and the first thing she did was slept in my arm. She is just a cutie pie. She may look cute, but there is a lot of work ahead to take care of her.
At 8 weeks she weighed about 2 pounds.



This is my second dog and I learned from my first one that they need to be trained very early. Also, Yorkshire Terriers tend to have separation anxiety more than other dogs so I had to make sure I spend a lot of time with her. She has very good temperament and LOVES to snuggle close to you.

How did she get her name? Well, my favorite dessert are mochi balls as you can tell from my previous blogs, and when I saw her she was this cute little fur ball. The name really matches who she is .... sweet and soft. I am so glad that she doesn't like to chew on shoes or nibble on fingers.

Mochi at 2.5 months... still so small.


Mochi at 3 months- weighed in at 3 pounds
Look how she sleeps.... she likes to hang her head off the edge of the bed.


Mochi at 3.5 months



Tried to crate train her... but she still prefers her soft round bed. If I put her in the crate for two- three hours, she doesn't mind either.

Mochi is accustomed to wearing clothes now. She doesn't try to tear it off or squirm when I put it on her. However, at times I do let her run free without clothes because that is when they feel the most comfortable.

Mochi at 4 months- weighed in at 3.7 pounds and is fully vaccinated. Now she is free to go to the dog park and hang with the older dogs. The hair on the top of her head turns to a lighter color as she gets older.





Yes, she is my Little Sunshine =o)

She is not that bigger than her toy bone.

 Her smile is to die for!!! Mochi... why are you squinting for the camera?

Mochi is playing with her bone that has peanut butter filling inside.

Mochi, what do you have around your mouth? Peanut butter?

Bringing her to the vet to get her last shot. She is a big girl now.

Mochi needs some grooming..... her hair is getting in her eyes....


Just recently I brought her to her first puppy training class and she is the smallest one there.... poor Mochi. 
Mommy still loves you! 

So, that is why sometimes it's hard for me to work on my blog because she is a handful. 
<3 <3 <3

1 comment:

  1. OMG she is the cutest lil' thing!! I want one now soo bad by looking at ur pics lol

    http://lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete