Saturday, July 2, 2011

Konad French Nail Art

Hello Everyone,

I have always wanted to do my own French manicure and I found a product that allows me to do just that. Just FYI, I am horrible at drawing. Doing anything on my nails besides painting them is impossible for me. I need something easy and simple. I have tried Sally Hansen French tips and other products and they do not work for me. Then I saw Konad French Nail Art on Youtube and it blew me away. If a 7 year-old girl can do it on youtube, so can I right? I went on eBay to see if I can buy one of these kits for a cheaper price. I believe I got this for $30 something dollars. Be careful when you do buy it on eBay because there are some people selling fake ones and the plates are not very well made. What I mean by that is the grove may not be deep enough to pick up the imprint of the pattern. Make sure they are authorized sellers for Konad.

There are other kits that Konad makes which can range from $65- $500 on eBay. The expensive ones that cost $400 or more are for professional nail salons to use. If this is your first time, I suggest you get a cheaper kit to start off with. Once you start to get a hang of it, then you can start buying more plates to add to your collection.

Here is the French Nail Art Kit. It comes in a cute pink package and it says, "Not Drawing But Stamping." Stamping is something I can do. Alright!!!!!

If it is authentic, you can see the Konad hologram sticker on the lower right side of the box. It is made in Korea with a patent label. The instruction on how to use the kit is on the back side of the box.



Inside the box, there are three plates with different designs for the tip of your nails.

A French Corrector Pen if you make a mistake or need to erase extra paint from edges of your nails.

A scraper is to help scrape excessive polish off the plate and a stamper is used to pick up the design.

Last but not least, are the special nail polish. This kit comes with a black and a white nail polish. They have a very thick and sticky consistency which is good for adhering to the stamp and onto your nails. If you decide to use other nail polishes besides Konad, they may not be thick enough to stick or the image may not show up very well.

How to achieve these French Tips:
- Apply a base coat (OPI base coat)
- Apply a light pink nail polish (Essie: Limo-Scene)
- Wait until the nail polish is dry, then use the Konad French Nail Art kit
- Stamp the pattern you want onto your nails (do this 2 times for French tips so the white will be more opaque)
- Apply a top coat for a more lasting wear (Seche Vite)




It gets pretty easy once you practice and get a hang of it. In the beginning, it can be very messy, but be patient and take your time. Whoever invented this is a genius. I am still shocked that I was able to do my own French tips and it's not that difficult. I can't wait to try the other patterns. I hope my boyfriend gets me one of the other kits for my birthday.

It is exciting to see yourself doing something that looks like salon quality work.

Good Night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment