Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Couponing, but not extreme couponing

Hello Everyone,

Have any one of you watched the show Extreme Couponing on TLC? That show is crazy! I wish I can be like them.... getting all these crazy deals. In my previous blogs, I talked about how my mom would clip out coupons from the Sunday newspaper when I was young and I find myself doing the same. I have always been taught to save as much money as I can by looking for the best deals. So, I am a big fan of coupons and anytime I do find a coupon that looks like something I may be able to use, I would collect them. I am not as organized as the people on the show, but I do save them in my bag and pull them out when I am either grocery shopping or beauty shopping. There is no shame in that!

Just to give you an example, I saw a coupon to save 50 cents on Dole's Mandarin Oranges in a can....... they are in store for $1.89 and to save 50 cents is a big deal. I would keep it in my bag until I go to the supermarket because you can always use this on salad, in jellos, etc... My boyfriend is always wondering what's in that heavy bag of yours... well, coupon is one of them.

I gotta start this blog soon or else I won't even get done..... anyways, so the same concept is applied to the beauty products that I get at Ulta or at Walgreens.
I went to Ulta a month ago and I was able to save almost as much as I paid.

If you total up how much I saved on this receipt, I have saved: $12.50 and I paid $17.77. Without the savings, I would be paying $30.27.



YAY!! It feels good to see how much I saved by using coupons and points that have been accumulated to help with the purchase.

Here are the products that I got from Ulta... I guess this can also be a haul blog.

Summer is almost here and I like to put this in my hair when I want those beachy waves. I love that sort of look.... it's a very relaxed lay back kind of style with a bit of volume. The smell of the product is very fruity and the texture of this putty is thick so those wavy curls last longer.

Nivea is known for having great skin moisturizers and summer is coming, I thought may be I can give this a try. It's to help build up the tan on my legs so it's not too pale.

I have shown one of these in my skin care routine and I love the little scrublet that it comes with. The one I am using is for sensitive skin. I do like that one, but I think this one will be better because its a deep facial cleanser. I have not used it yet because I want to finish up the one that I have. I always like to stock up on facials cleansers.... can never have too many.

Since I also have a coupon for this, I thought it would be nice to try the L'Oreal Hip eye shadows. I do own some HIP eyeshadows but they have shimmer in them, this one is matte so it's going to give me a different effect. The only think I don't like about HIP is that it does have a lot of fall outs, but the color is very pigmented. I suggest if you do use this, pat it on your eyelids instead of brushing it on.


Lastly, I picked up the Rimmel eye liners by accident. I wanted the Rimmel eyebrow liners not the eye liners. I didn't notice it until I got home and I looked at it closely wondering how come there is no brush on the cap... usually for the eyebrows there is a little brush. I did go back to exchange it and they were the same price so nothing changed on the receipt.
I do like their eyebrow liners. Not only are they cheap, it works well for me. These were buy one get one free so they were $1.60 what can go wrong? Each liner last me about 3 months and that is a pretty long time. For those who just want really light touches on their eyebrow may not like this because it is a pencil and may go on a bit harsh for some people.

That was a lot of products and I still can't believe I paid $17.77 for all of this.... Coupons are great!

Happy Savings!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment