Friday, March 9, 2012

OOTD: Color Blocking

Hello Everyone,

Color Blocking is fun and trendy right now so don't hold back! There are different color schemes on the color wheel that mix very well together. The simplest rule to follow is the complementary color scheme which are colors that are opposite from each other. For example, the red and green. There is an analogous color scheme which is what I was going for with this outfit. It uses color that are next to each other on the color wheel. I used the blue and the green with a black accent. Then I have decided to incorporate orange into the outfit which creates more of a tetradic color scheme which can get a bit complicated because there are a mix of warm and cool colors that you have to make sure to balance in an outfit.

I think there are a total of 6 different color schemes if you are interested to know.

Anywho, let's get into the outfit.
I have blue, green, orange, and black solids

Because they are solid colors, I can add a bit of pattern to the outfit



The orange is not very noticeable so I decided to wear orange flats to bring it out a bit more.


Here is the outfit:


Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment