Thursday, March 29, 2012

Updated Night Time Skincare Routine

Hello Everyone,

I have been trying different facial products and I think I am getting close to what works best for my skin. I believe taking care of you skin at an early age is important. Any preventive care is good. These are just some of the products that I use almost on a daily basis. Some more than others. I will go in more detail about the ones that I NEED versus the ones that I can alternate/replace.

It looks a bit scary because there are so many products, but once you start getting into a routine, it's not so bad.

At the end of the day, I usually wash my makeup off in the shower first. In the shower, I have my Neutrogena Naturals Purifying Pore scrubs. I would squeeze a drop of this onto the rubber facial scrub and rub it all over my face. This is one of my new favorite face scrubs that I love and need in the shower. It smells so good and the beads are small which provides a gentle scrub to your face. There are no harsh chemicals, parabens, dyes, etc....  Rate: A

Also in my shower I have my Clarisonic which is an awesome investment. It takes away any makeup or dirt. I don't recommend anyone to use it everyday because it can be a bit harsh. I would use this every other day or every two days.  Rate: A+

Sometimes if I feel like using a stronger facial scrub, I would use this in addition to my Neutrogena. The beads are bigger, but I like the smell of citrus and ginseng.  Rate: B

Once I am out of the shower, I use my Forever 21 makeup cleansing tissue to take off any makeup residuals that are left. This is very cheap to buy at Forever 21: $2.80 for 30 towelettes. I think this is comparable to Yes to Cucumbers. Rate: A

With my face so fresh and clean, sometimes I would like to use a facial mask such as My Beauty Diary or Kose Mask white. Most of the time, I tend to skip this part because I am lazy. When I do use them, my skin feels very good after.  Rate: B

The next step is the toner. It refreshes your skin, makes it soft, and creates a clean base so when you apply any serum or cream on top it helps absorb the product into your skin. I always love using Lancome toner, but you can use any toner to help freshen up. Lancome Tonique Douceur is alcohol-free which helps prevent your skin from drying. Rate: B because there are cheaper toners out there that work the same.

One of the important steps to my updated facial routine is the Lancome Genifique Youth Activating Concentrate Serum. It is expensive, but it makes your skin look radiant. The result is to see visibly younger skin in just 7 days which I do feel it is working but not dramatically. I still like the product and I feel it is a good buy.... Sephora VIBs go get it with the 15% discount this week!!!  Rate: A-/B+ because of the price.

Now that the serum is absorbed into my skin, I apply some face lotion from Laneige- Love!!!  Rate: A

Next, to prevent wrinkles around the eyes. I have been using Laneige eye designer cream every night and it works wonders! Rate: A

I have discovered another eye product from Naruko which also works great. So now, I alternate between the two products at night. You can pick up this product at SUNE or at any Asian facial product stores. It is called Job's Tears Night Gelly. I like the texture and feels very refreshing when you apply it around the eye. Rate: A

Yes, that is it for my face..... now for my body. I cannot stand dry skin so when I get out of the shower, i need to apply some sort of lotion. The two lotions that I am currently using are: Nivea and Skinnygirl. Both are great for moisturizing and firming up your skin.  Rate: B

It is important to pamper your skin at night because that is when you body is resting and is able to absorb moisture, especially if you do take showers at night it helps also.

Have a great night and keep those skin looking healthy! Drink lots of fluid too!
<3 <3 <3

1 comment: