Monday, March 26, 2012

Skinnygirl Face and Body product Review

Hello Everyone,

Anyone heard of Bethenny Frankel? Besides being a food chef and a mixologists, she is the obnoxious woman on the reality TV show called "The Real Housewives of New York."

There was a moment where her Skinnygirl Cocktails were just selling off the shelves. The most popular one is the Skinnygirl Sangria and coming in close second is the Skinnygirl Margarita.

Not only has Bethenny expanded her cocktail line, she also went into developing her makeup line for Walmart.

At Walmart, the prices are decent so I thought why not give this brand a try. So, here are the items that I have picked up to review.

First, the red and white packaging is very cute. Very eye catching!
I got the Skinnygirl Cleansing Facial Cloths- $5.47
There are 25 towelettes in a packet. It helps wipe away dirt, oil, and makeup while conditioning your skin. I can feel my skin feeling soft after using it, but I still prefer to use the makeup wipes from Forever 21 for $2.80 (30 towelettes). Rate: B-

The next thing I got is the tinted daily moisturizer: $10.97 in the color beige. It has vitamin E with broad spectrum of SPF 15. Rate: C
The product is not bad, but it's not a holy grail. The color is a bit too orange for me. If you look at the left hand corner you can see the difference in my natural skin tone and the tint.
I find myself having to mix it with my BB cream that is a bit too light for me. After mixing both products, the color turns out better. I will still continue to use it on days that I do not feel like packing on a lot of makeup. I wouldn't buy it again because I would always have to mix it with a lighter BB cream to make it work and that is just too many steps.
I do like the brush that it came with even though I still need to use a stippling brush to smooth it out at the end.  Rate: C

Skinnygirl Face Solution: $14.97.
It came with Instantly smooth line filler (aka primer), detox face mask, and a small tube of energizing lip shine. The only thing I like from this set is the detox face mask which has cucumber and sweet almond oil. This is a good size to carry for traveling and again, very cute packaging. The other two products are decent and I will continue to use it until it is gone, but will not re=purchase. Rate: C+

This last item I got is the one I like the most- Skinnygirl Firming Night Cream-$14.88
Anytime it says "firming" it works similar to products that have Coenzyme Q10. The scent is not very strong and I like the thickness of the cream. It contains sweet almond oil and linseed extract. I haven't see much difference after a week of use, but it does claim to lift and firm skin while you sleep. Hmmmm..... I just hope it is working. Rate: B+

Well, my overall impression is..... you can skip on it. Maybe just stick with the Sangria.  There are other products out there that are cheaper and that works better. The only thing I would re-purchase is the Skinnygirl night firming cream because I don't feel it is too greasy and the consistency is just right.

Have a nice night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment