Monday, April 4, 2011

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation

Hi Everyone,

Finding the right foundation for your face is very important because that is what covers all the blemishes and helps provide you with an even skin tone. When you do find that perfect foundation, it should make your face look flawless without looking like you put on a ton of makeup on. I have been using Makeup Forever HD for the last year and I love the coverage it gives me. My color in MUFE is #127. It match my skin perfectly during the winter, but once summer kicks in I need to go 2 shades darker. I also like to switch up my foundation like how people switch up their shampoos. Sometimes I would put on my MAC prolong wear in NW 35 if I want to go darker... but when you do go darker make sure you blend the color very well or mix it with another foundation that is lighter. I will even mix my MUFE with my MAC to get a warmer color that is not too dark for me.

A bottle of Makeup Forever foundation ($40) usually last me about 3-4 months and it would cost me about $160 a year just for foundation ALONE. Gosh dangit! And that is just a piece of my face.
Pros: It goes on light with full coverage, a lot of shades to choose from, doesn't cause my skin to breakout or make it look oily.
Con: Price

The MAC prolong wear foundation is $29.50 per bottle which sounds a little bit better.
Pros: This foundation has a lasting power of more than 10 hours (very true), a lot of shades to choose from,   and has full coverage.
Con: Can be a bit thick and heavy on the face.

Should've clean the bottle up a bit.....




So, taking in the price as a factor, I decided to find a drugstore foundation that I can use as a dupe to my high end foundations. Maybelline came out with their new line called Fit Me. I love how the container looks and was amazed at how many shades they come in. I decided to give it a try since it was a buy one get one 50% off plus I have a 20% discount. Let see.... taking all of this into account.... Fit Me foundation is $7.99 and with all the discount it comes out to about $4.80 per bottle. If we take a step further it cost $20 a year versus $160...... what a big freakin difference!

Looks appealing to me already! I picked my color by matching the tabs on the display with my skin tone and it comes out to #235 pure beige. I have been wearing this for 2 weeks now and I love it. I also got the Fit Me pressed powder that matches the foundation.
Pros: Great full coverage, easy to apply, not too thick, good selection of colors to choose from, and the cost
Cons: Does not have long lasting staying power- need to apply the pressed powder with the foundation. Also, I wish there is a pump on the bottle.

Pressed powders are great. They make my makeup stay on longer and provides a more matte finish.

The Fit Me pressed powder is alright.... it's not as soft as the Makeup Forever Duo Mat. The first day when I used the foundation with the Fit Me pressed powder I had to reapply the powder again during the middle of the day to prevent my face from getting too oily.

On the third day, I decided to use my Makeup Forever Duo Mat pressed powder with the Fit Me foundation and it was amazing. The foundation stayed on and my face is not too oily by the end of the day.


I guess the bottom line is I still found a good foundation I can use without costing an arm. After I am finished with my Makeup Forever foundation, I will stop buying that and continue to use the Maybelline foundation.

I don't usually go cheap with my foundation because it can make or break your skin, but after trying Maybelline Fit Me, it doesn't cause any of those problems so it suits me well.

Yay! This is my cheap dupe. I know there are different skin types and I don't know if this will work for everyone. I hope this helps.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment