Monday, February 28, 2011

In love with my Kindle DX

Hi Everyone,

Winter is almost gone and...... Spring and Summer is almost here! I have found some good deals for some of my spring outfits which I will post up soon as OOTD. I know I haven't been doing too many OOTD.... it's because I have been lazy.... okay I said it. I'm in this funk and I'm doing my best to get over it. Anyways, summer is coming and I like to spend most of my time at the beach with a good book. Reading a good fictional book help takes my mind away from stress..... sort of like an escape from reality..... living another life. Most of the time I like books that are easy read, nothing you would find in your literature class. Although I do find books from the medieval times very witty and well written, I do not consider them entertaining. The books that I enjoy reading are horrors, adventurous, feminine/girlie/romantic, and new releases that have great reviews.

Now, instead of carrying multiple books in my bag, I got myself a Kindle. When I go to the beach, I can just throw my Kindle in my bag and voila! My own personal library. The Kindle DX can store up to 3500 books.... damn!!! Am I going to read that many?!! I am a person that likes to start on multiple books and alternate through each one. Most of you are thinking... why not just use the iPad? The main reason is that I love the screen on the Kindle much better and also it has a longer battery life. A single charge give you 2 weeks of reading with the wireless off and 1 week of reading with the wireless on. Also, I like to keep my books separate.... just a pet peeve of mine.

Of course, my Kindle needs to be protected with a nice white leather case. The case is by Cole Haan- a bag company.


And my Kindle is white..... love the color... even though white is not really considered a color.

It has a little control button on the lower right side of the screen to help you maneuver through the tabs.

These buttons on the side is where you push to turn the page.

Sort of like the iPad and the iphone, it has an auto-rotating screen... portrait to landscape.


And it's very thin....

Compare to the books I have to carry... I am currently reading Twenties and The Time Traveler's Wife.
I love the smell of new books, but with my Kindle I can have multiple books in the palm of my hand.

Then of course, I can read in the dark because of my little portable light.

Another advantage of having a Kindle is that the books cost much less. I would buy my books for $15.00 plus tax at Borders, whereas if I buy the books through amazon on my Kindle, it cost $9.90 without tax. Big plus!!!! 

I was also thinking about having a book review on my blog.... hmmm.... some of you may find it boring.... hahaha. I better stick with my beauty/fashion reviews and cooking. 
<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. On I'm team Nook lol I Love it and no hassle of carrying books and mines has light already in it to read in the dark. I do book reviews on my blog I like to switch it up lol

    http://lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking about getting the Nook, but I feel that amazon has a broader range of books. It was a hard decision because the Nook has a colored screen and it comes with the light.... =(

    ReplyDelete