Monday, May 30, 2011

It's Birchbox Time!

Hello Everyone,

Happy Memorial Day to all! It's second to the last day of the month.... whew! I still have time to review May's Birchbox before they start sending out June's. I feel like the time just passes me by. Sometimes I wish I have the power to stop time... now, that will be nice!

It's the hot pink box!


So, This month's theme is for mothers, daughters, and grandmothers. Awwww...... how sweet.
I am a sucka for sweet themes like this. This box is filled with products that are elegant and that will always be in style.

The items this month is nice and sweet, however, for me personally, I don't find myself buying any of these products or do they stand out to me.

Here is the list of products in the $10 box...... My first take was... $190???? I have to try that product out for sure!

Before I go there, let's check out the other items.....
First, it is the Jouer luminizing moisture tint.

There are two small sample packets inserted in this card. I heard a lot of great things about this brand, but I have not tried it yet. This will be a good opportunity to do so. I was thinking about saving these two packets for times when I only want just a minimal coverage... like going to the beach or running errands.

This tinted moisturizer is good for all skin types and gives you an even coverage. If you have a lot of redness or you want to cover any under eye circles, this may not be what you are looking for. You would want something that is full coverage or you can use a concealer just for certain areas in addition to the tinted moisturizer.

$38 for a full size bottle

The next thing in the box is a small card from tinyprints.com. It's a company that lets you customize your very own greeting cards. For those who likes stationary items, this is for you! When I was younger, I like to collect stickers, cute little erasers, and pens. Cards weren't really my thing back then, but as I have gotten older, I am liking them much more. These days, people are using eCards, but I still think printed cards like this makes it more personable. I just like the meaning behind it.


Inside the box, there is another pink wrapping that has more goodies.

There was a lot of white substance on the products.... I believe it is from the soap bar.

Hmmm..... on the card it spells Bulgari, but on the card it spells Bvlgari... I guess you can spell it both ways? This is definitely a Mom's fragrance. It reminds me of Old Hollywood. It's a scent that Grace Kelly would wear on a nice evening out. Has a strong floral scent with some earthy notes.

$80 for a full size bottle


Archipelago- Pomegrante Soap.
It is loaded with anti-oxidant white tea and pomegranate to smooth your hands and body. The design of the box is very pretty and simple. I love the old-traditional look of the box and the smell of the soap is very refreshing. Too bad I am a shower gel kind of gal, but I do like the way it lathers up.

Jouer- mini tinted lip enhancer. This will go well with the Jouer tinted moisturizer. This lip conditioner has vitamin E, shea butter, and plumping peptides. The color that is in my box is 'Bellini.' It is a pretty coral color in the tube, but when I applied it onto my lips, it looks clear. The good thing is it doesn't sting your lips and it's not too sticky. I do like the feel of this on my lips...... very moisturizing. I do have a lot of lip glosses and I can say that this is ranked pretty high up there with my top 5 favorite lip glosses, except the color doesn't show up even though it says tinted.

Finally, the $190 product transphuse night serum by Erno Laszlo. The tube that came in the box is so tiny.... I feel like I can only get 4 uses out of this. This helps fight/prevent wrinkles and firm up the skin. It is to be used at night on a clean face. The first time I applied this on, it feels soothing and moisturizing. Because I was only able to use it 4-5 times, I don't really notice a difference. For $190, I don't think it's that noticeable enough to spend that much on a reparative firming treatment unless I have the money, which I don't. It is certainly nice to try :)
That is the beauty of this whole $10 box... is to try all sorts of different products that I wouldn't even consider.


For this product, you don't need very much. A drop like this will go a long way.

That's it for now.

Have a great night!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment