Tuesday, May 3, 2011

OOTD: Color blocking or a Pop of Color?!!!

Hi Everyone,

Color blocking has become very popular in fashion these days and I love seeing how people just combine different bright colors together. I am a person who doesn't like to match too much in an outfit, however, I am also not a person who can pull off a combination of bright colors. I guess I am not daring enough to wear hot pink with bright green.... but I do envy those people who can.  Most of the time I like to wear neutral colors, but I like to enhance the look by throwing in a pop of color to an outfit. Just by adding a simple bright color accessory can bring an outfit to a whole new level.

Here is my outfit of the day look for work. Dressing for work may not be fun, but what I look forward to is what can I add to make it fun for me.

I am wearing a gray dress pants with a casual blue stripped button up shirt. The pop of color is the yellow belt that I have on which makes this look that much more appealing and fashion forward. Yes, I can just pair it with a black belt, but what fun will that be? 

Pants: Alloy.com: $29.50 (with a 15% discount)
Shirt: H & M: $17.50
Belt: H & M: $ 4.50

Another essential to finish the outfit is the shoes.... I love wearing heels that are at least 3" high because I am not that tall. Finding the right pair of heels for work can be very difficult.... and just recently I found the PERFECT pair of heels. I swear these shoes are the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet. They are 3 1/4" high heels! Goes well with dress pants or skirts. 



These heels are work appropriate because they are closed toes and look very professional.
Anne Taylor: $155 (Got it for 40% off: $ 93) It is worth all $93!!!

Who says silver and gold doesn't go together? For jewelries, I am wearing a silver necklace that has my initial on it (post a blog about it) and a gold necklace that has my astrology sign. I wear these two together most of the time. 

Well, that completes my OOTD.... have fun creating your own fashion statement.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment