Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mochi got spayed

Hello Everyone,

I am finally back. Yay!!! Blogging is so much fun, but I have to admit that taking a week off to do nothing at night is also great. Now, I have to get back into the rhythm. I love my iMAC!!! I played with it when I first got it and was also able to test out the camera.......... say cheese!


In the past few weeks I had to make a decision on whether to spay Mochi or not. It was kinda hard because I want to see little cute puppies (yeah, a bit selfish-- she had a stud waiting for her though!) and also the cost of the surgery. I did bring her to the vet that took care of Trevor who is my first dog and the vet gave me an estimate of $600 or more depending if she is in heat. I was thinking to myself..... oh hell no! I can't even afford $600 for myself to get a crown for my tooth ... Anyways, so that makes it even more difficult. The vet told me that I should decide soon because it is better to get her spayed before her first heat. The percentage of her getting breast cancer is lessen, where if I waited after her first heat the chances goes up and after her second heat it may not even matter, although it is still healthier. I decided if I want to get her spayed, I rather do it now.

I talked to different people and I got a lot of options. One of my friend suggested to go sign up for a pet insurance at PETCO and it include shots, spay/neuter, annual checkups, etc.. Another option was to take her to SPCA and get her spayed for a fraction of a cost. Even though SPCA promotes pet getting spayed/neutered I feel it was still pretty expensive for the price they charged but it is still less than what my vet was going to charge. At SPCA it cost $270 with 10% discount if you live within the city.

After looking at different areas, SPCA is my first choice. I like the cleanliness of the place and the friendliness the staff. I dropped my baby off early in the morning before work and picked her up at 545pm.
When I first saw her I feel so bad..... she has a blue funnel around her little neck.
The more I look at her the funnier she looks.... my boyfriend said she looks like a space alien. Normally, the funnel is clear and hard, but because she was so small they had to give her this to wear instead. At least it's not hard where she can bump into things or feel like she can't eat out of her bowl.

Overall, she is recovering well and I will be removing this funnel off her in two days. In the beginning, she had a hard time adjusting to this, but now she is running and jumping with it on like it's not even there.



Here is a before picture of her in the sun

Hello baby girl! Mommy and Daddy <3 you!

Night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment