Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Reviews on nail polish and nail enhancements

Hi Everyone,

As a nail polish fanatic, I am always in search of great colors for the season. About 5 months ago, I bought Essie's 2011 wedding collection mini cube from amazon.com for $11. It comes in a cute little box with 4 colors. Essie has always been one of my favorite and just recently they have been stepping up their game against other popular nail polish brands. I love the brush, the color stays on pretty well, and I love the shape of the bottle.
What I normally do is buy the minis to try out the colors and if I really love it, then I will buy the full size. For $11 it is worth it!!! Even though they are minis, there is a decent amount in each bottle for 5 usage (includes both fingers and toes).

In this collection, here are the colors:

I just love the theme name for each color.... so romantic!

This vibrant red color is called "First Dance"

Cute pastel pink called "Better Together"- reminds me of another Essie nail polish called "French Affair"

Nice light blue called "Borrowed and Blue"

Lastly, a light pink with more of a brown undertone called "Made to Honor"

These are all the colors that Essie is predicting as the color for weddings this year.

Here is how Made to Honor looks like on. It's so pretty!!!! Very neutral and feminine.

Now, I am going to transition into the nails that I am wearing in the picture above.

These are nail enhancements that I bought from Walgreens. As I have mentioned in my previous blog that I don't really go to a nail salon for mani/pedi because I am rough with my hands and it's just not worth it for me. So, the brand that I picked up was from KISS and they are known for all the natural looking nail enhancements at the drugstore.
The box here says long, but the one that I purchased is the short/medium. It comes in a plastic container with 100 pieces of nails in 5 different sizes.

The glue in this container is no joke. It is heavy ass duty!!!
One touch at the tip can glue both of your fingers together. It's that strong so be careful when you are using this.

PROS:
When you do find a nail that fits, it looks good.
You can paint over them any color you like and the color goes on smoothly

CONS:
It's plastic so it can look very fake if you don't do it well
It cracks easily.... I was upset on the third day of wearing them the tip on one of fingers chipped off and I had to remove the whole piece.
In order to take them off, you need to soak your fingers in acetone to soften the glue- it's not that great of a feeling and it ruins your nail

Anytime you have on acrylics or other type of nails that are glued on, you need to use acetone to remove the nails.

Since I was only able to wear it for THREE days, I went ahead and removed all my nails.

My nails turned a bit yellow and it looks like it still has glue on them. It's pretty much ruined.... I have to wait 3-4 days to give it a rest.

As you can see there is still some white there from the glue. I can remove them with more acetone, but I don't want to use anymore acetone on my nails... I am just going to give it some time to come off. I feel like there is a lot of damaged done to my nails from just wearing the nail enhancements for 3 days.... not worth it!!!!! ARRGGHHHH!

All-in-all I will not be purchasing this again. If you like nail enhancements go to a salon. These self to-do's are not worth ruining your nails for.

I can't wait to put on my nail polish again.

Essie also just came out with their Braziliant collection which I am excited to try.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment