Monday, May 2, 2011

April Birchbox Review!

Hi Everyone,

I am kinda late on my Birchbox review which was meant for last month.... oh well, due to my busy schedule and finding the time to use some of the products before I write my review is important. I love receiving my monthly Birchbox and every time another month approaches I have this anxiety of wanting to know what's going to be in the box. As you know, these products are hand-picked by their makeup artists and each month there is a them to the box. This month is all about being environmentally responsible.


Birchbox is known for it's hot pink box, but this time it came in a light green box.... I guess to match the theme of being environmentally friendly. I do miss the hot pink tho..... =) I remember seeing the box in the mail, but I didn't recognize the packaging until I saw the name. Again, this is to honor Earth Day and all the packaging inside are recyclable.

I am already excited to see what's the theme for this month!

Let's take a look to see what's in store for us.

Here are the description of the items in the box. I like the card because it tells you how much it would cost to buy the full size.

First, it's the Zoya nail polish in the color DOVE. I have mentioned this brand before in my blog and why this is one of the top nail polish brand that I love wearing. Not only is it camphor free vegan friendly formula, there are over 300 colors to choose from.


The color Dove is a gray hue that is perfect for spring. It's light enough to match with all the spring accessories and colors. I am excited that it also came with a nail sampler that shows all the other colors in the Zoya intimate collection.

Second item is from Juice Beauty, Green Apple Peel. Sounds mouth watery good.... too good to put on my face. This is an organic peel that dissolves all the dead cells from your face and immediately brightens and smooth your complexion. It feels very cooling to the face .... the smell is not bad, but not the fruity apple I was expecting. I am going to use this until the last drop because it can help even out the skin which I am looking forward to.

After using the peel, you are to apply this moisturizer around your eye area for stem cellular repair. I have not used this yet to comment on it. I will try it tomorrow. =)  I am at the age where I am trying to make sure my skin stays healthy and to prevent any wrinkles.

There is a small package wrapped in a black ribbon... another surprise.....

Third item is a perfume sample called LIV GRN, Earth Eau de Perfum. Wow, this is made from biodegradable and sustainable ingredients.... at first this doesn't sound too good if you think about it....  but I when I dabbed some on my wrist... its incredible how good it smells. It's a mixture of Jasmine for the top note and sandalwood for the base note. This reminds me of a perfume from Abercrombie and Fitch.... it's very fresh with a bit of sweetness. I can definitely see myself wearing this on the weekend with a relaxing outfit. It is ECO- Friendly too!

It's $60 for a full size bottle and the bottle is made from environmentally- friendly material also......hmmm.... I am so tempted.

The fourth item is form Weleda, Wild Rose Smoothing Facial Lotion. I have never heard of this brand before and the best part is being able to try different products.  This is made entirely from natural, plant based ingredients.... like something you would just pick from your backyard and rub it right on your face..... I am just exaggerating a little bit but the point is it's all natural. It contains a high level of essential fatty acids and antioxidants. A small amount of this product goes a long way. The lotion contains a strong rose smell that I do enjoy, but for those who are sensitive to smell may not like this. Overall, this products states it ensures the skin maintains its elasticity and softness. I can definitely feel the difference with this product and I have only used it twice. 


This is an extra item that they throw in here to promote Earth Day. I have never seen this packaged like this before, but what you are supposed to do is plant this handmade paper into the soil, give it some water, and watch it grow into wildflowers. Since the weather has been nice in the city, I am going to try this in my backyard. I am not much of a gardening person, but I am just curious how this is going to look like once it starts to grow.


I like all the items that was in this box. Just patiently waiting for the next box..... **twirling my thumbs....

Night!

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment