Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Glam Bag vs Birchbox for February

Hello Everyone,

Another month, another bag and box. This month, MyGlam bag has done it again. There is a special certificate in there that I really enjoyed which I will talk about in my blog. What I can say about Birchbox is they are very consistent and I like the fact that they give high end products to try.

I will first go over what's in MyGlam bag for February:
Here is the metallic pink envelope with goodies inside-

Since it is February, the bag is pink with black hearts. Very cute.

Inside, I have a $100 gift certificate for any hair styling tool and hair extensions from NuMe. Again, it is $10 a month and you get products that are worth so much more.

I have never bought any styling tools from this brand before, but I have heard good things about them. I went onto their website and order the Pearl tourmaline curling wand that everyone raves about. It is so popular that it is on back order right now.

The next item I have in the bag is the Freeman Facial Hydration Mask in Goji Berry. This reminds me of the cucumber facial mask that was in the January MyGlam bag. I really enjoy these face masks, but I also heard that some people broke out from it. It didn't break me out so I do like it.

February is also known for sweets and chocolate. There is a small box of Ghirardelli chocolate in milk and dark.


Inside a small pink bag are sample packets of Premier Eye Cream and Instant Stretching and Revitalizing Mask. So far I have enjoyed it and the fragrance is very settle which I do like.


The last two items are NYX roll on for eyes, face, and body. The one that came in my bag is in Platinum RES12. I don't really like it because it comes off easily. If you do apply it on your eyes, I recommend you to use a glue glitter to have it stay on. I am just not a fan of this.


X Out Shine Control- it is an oil-free moisturizer to keep the shine off your face. It's good for me because I do have normal to oily skin. I have not tried this yet to give any reviews.

That is the end of the MyGlam Bag for February. Let's move on to what's in my Birchbox for February.

This month is about focusing the spotlight on yourself. Inside are a lot of luxuries skin and hair products.

First is the Shu Uemura Art of Hair- it is a nourishing protective leave-in oil for dry hair with camellia oil. I don't normally put products in my hair because if I do, I feel like it gets greasy very quick. I did try it on my ends to make it look silky and shiny. I should do it more often because every time I go to the salon for a haircut, they always say my ends look dry. I am just too lazy to put it on everyday even though it only takes a few seconds. It feels like a great product and I am sure if you do have dry hair it does help.


Also inside the box is Eye Rock Designer Liner. When I saw this, it looks like a fun idea, but I don't think it will work. Everyone's eye shape is a bit different and I am skeptical about using a stick-on liner strip to create the perfect cat eye. Ever since the nail polish stickers came out, there is a sticker for everything. I still prefer to use a eye liner.


Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum- I do like this brand mainly because it uses organic botanicals. I don't have any blemishes right now to test on but once I do, I will see how well this works.


Kiehl's Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution- I am excited to use this product because I do have some dark spots that are left behind by pimples and sun spots. It does takes some time to see results. I only use this at night before bed, but it says to apply morning and night. It also claims to even out skin tone with vitamin C and white birch extracts. Very fancy.


The last thing in the box is the Supersmile Powdered Mouthrinse- it is in a powdered form inside a packet where you would need to add water. This is like scope mouthwash, but it does not burn or have a strong minty taste. It's sweet and leaves your mouth refreshed. However, I don't think it is as refreshing as scope.  Still a great way to carry mouthwash in your purse.

Have a great night.
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment