Thursday, April 7, 2011

Hits and Misses

Hi Everyone,

Just doing a quick review of some items that I bought over the last few weeks.

Even though it's been cold in the city, I enjoy the sun and it makes me want to wear a lot of bright colors. I went on the Forever 21 website and I saw these cheap colorful T-shirts for $8.80. I had to grab 3 colors: hot pink, hot lime green, and a light peach. I usually like to put on a simple T-shirt and jeans if I am just running errands like going to the bank, grocery shopping, etc. These T-shirts are see-thru so make sure you wear a light tank top underneath other than that I like the way they feel and length of them. It's all about colors! This is a hit: good price, great color, and very comfortable.




The next item I bought is from a site called Beautybloc.com and it supposed to offer exceptional deals on beauty products and services. At the time they were offering 5 mini lip gloss for $10. I thought they were the normal sample size lip gloss, however, when I opened the package... I was disappointed on how small they were. I guess that's why they call it 'mini,' but let me tell you.... these are super duper mini.

Off the bat, this item is a miss!
On the website, the packaging looks nice, but I couldn't tell how small they were at the time.


Here is how it looks when I got it. It came in a brown envelope that looks like a truck has ran over it.... and when I took the item out, the packaging was already ripped at the edge.


Besides them being so small, I don't feel like they are heavily pigmented. Here are the swatches of the different color lip glosses. When I applied them on my lips, I don't see a lot of color..... they are a bit too sheer for me. If I have a little sister, this would be something I would give her to play with.

On a high and personal note, I am loving this razor/trimmer. Summer is almost here and that means it's time to start shaving those legs. I will admit... during the winter I don't shave every day because most of the time I am covered up and those extra leg hairs will keep me warm.
From the past blogs, I talked about how I like to do a lot of my personal hygienes in the shower such as washing my face with the clarisonic, brushing my teeth, shaving and now I can also trim while I am in the shower.... that was a little too much info huh?


 Well, this is shower safe!!!

It also came with an energizer battery! Not those generic batteries, but the real thing.  


PROS: Has 2 functions in one, can be used in the shower, comes with a long lasting battery, easy to use, love the color, and you can buy replaceable razors. 

Overall, this is a hit! Great summer item to have in the shower.

More hits and misses to come!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment