Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Sephora Hello Kitty collection haul

Hi Everyone,

Sephora was promoting the Hello Kitty beauty line about a month ago and I gotta say it's pretty cute. I am not a big Hello Kitty fan, but I do like the color and the packaging. This collection is only sold at Sephora.

When I first saw this collection online, I only wanted the perfume that is encased inside a Hello Kitty bottle with a vintage atomizer. I went into the store without any expectations of how it would smell like, but I was taken back by a surprise. The smell is very good.... it has some sweet (not too overpowering), mostly floral scent..... I think on the base note there is some sort of spice/musk in it also. I can see this being worn during the long summer days.



While I was there.... I was enticed by the other beauty products from that collection. Those adorable packagings were just staring at me..... and it's hard for me to say no.
Other items that I picked up was a silver Hello Kitty compact mirror. I needed one for my bag so I thought why not pick one up. Sometimes, we need to make sure there is nothing stuck between our teeth after we eat... this mirror will definitely come in handy.




Then of course, the makeup..... I love to look at eye shadows and this one has a quad plus a quad of lip glosses. I should have tested out the eye shadows to see how pigmented they were while I was at the store but somehow I didn't.  I just saw how pretty the colors were and how easy it will be to carry this around in my bag. When I got home I swatch the colors to see how pigmented they were and I was disappointed.  It took me several times to get it to the color that is shown on the back of my hand.


Color from the left: Ice cream, airplane, peppermint, and chocolate milk.


The lip glosses are in the second tier. I am not too fond of the lip glosses either. They do smell fruity but not pigmented at all. Very lightweight, but moisturizing.

I love how compact it is.

Colors: Raindrop (gray), Sugarplum (pale lilac), Sweet plum (purple), Goodnight dreams (black)



Lastly, the shower cap. I don't like washing my hair everyday and it's not good to wash your hair everyday. I always tied back my hair while I am taking a shower, but somehow it still ends up getting wet. So, what better to use than a shower cap. I used to think shower caps are for grannys but I am starting to like them.... only if they are cute.

Now, I can take my shower in peace not having to worry about my hair getting wet.

Alright, that's it for my haul.

Oh and for those who are VIB members at Sephora, they will be giving away a gift with purchase on Thursday, April 14 at 4pm in addition to your 15% discount.
Just a FYI

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment