Monday, April 25, 2011

Sephora 500 points perk!

Hello Hello Everyone!

I hope most of you were able to make it to Sephora VIB 15% discount last week. I was able to stock up on most of my daily necessities and at the same time purchase some new items to try. Walking into Sephora is like walking into a candy store..... so many goodies and you just want it all. Happy Happy Joy Joy! While I was there I took a peek to see if this month's reward is worth getting. I don't know why I never looked at the 100 points reward.... maybe because I like  to spend it on sets instead of individual samples. Sometimes in the sets, you get normal size items rather than small sample sizes. Anyways, as a beauty insider you get the Smashbox perfectly polished lids. YAY!!!! This set is made for an everyday look which I think is going to be very useful. As you can tell, I am all about trying new products and letting all of you know how I really feel about them.

Let's get this ball rolling..... this reward is still available online... but I don't know if it is in certain stores.
Here is the 500 point perk:


The first item in the box is Smashbox eye shadow trio in vanilla, champagne, and brazilian bronze.
I have tried this product for two days and it blends easily with a nice bit of sheen. I have worn it for more than 8 hours and it doesn't crease. It looks very natural.
The only con that I can think of is that the vanilla color doesn't show up too well on the eyelid.... so I would just use it to highlight my brow bone. Value: $28


2nd item in the box is the Smashbox cream eye liner in Midnight Brown. In this picture it looks kind of red, but it's actually dark brown when you look at without the bright lightening from the camera. The product is supposed to be smudge-proof, but I think my bottom lid is very oily so it last long on me. I just use this to line my upper eyelid and it works fine. I will have to say it does work better than an eye pencil.  Value: $22

3rd item is Smashbox Lash DNA mascara in Midnight Black. I have always been a fan of drugstore mascara so I am a little bit bias. The mascara in this box is a sample size and it does define your lashes very well but I will probably use this as a base and apply another volumizing mascara on top. Even though some people feel like it does clump up, that didn't happen with me. It works well with my lashes. I guess with the price of $19, I rather just spend it on buying 2 drugstore mascara that works just as good.

This wand is a bit different from all the other wands that I have seen. It has a little bit of a tilt near the neck and the brush has an usual shape which helps separate every lash. For me personally, I don't like the shape of the brush..... it's hard to tell here but it's a double helix brush.

4th item is the Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer. This is also in a sample size and it works just as well as the Two-Faced eyeshadow primer and the Urban Decay Primer potion. It just not as hyped up as the other two primers but it does do its job of being crease resistant. I would say the texture is more like the Two-Faced eyeshadow primer because they are both creamy, whereas the Urban Decay Primer potion has a thicker consistency. Value: $20.

The primer is the one located on the bottom that looks creamy and nude.

Overall, I am satisfied with my reward and these are items that I will be using as part of my everyday makeup routine.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment