Monday, April 11, 2011

A simple black dress and a nice necklace is all it takes!

Hi Everyone,

Sometimes it's nice to just get dress for an evening out with your girlfriends or coworkers. It happens to be one of my co-worker who was retiring and we were having a semi-formal event at a hotel. I love buying dresses but there are only so many times you can wear it. Dresses that are different or that has an unique symmetry/pattern are what I like to wear.

Here I am wearing a black pleated dress with a one shoulder chiffon sleeve. This dress is very elegant and feminine. I bought this dress from a site called ASOS, an online retailer in the UK.

Because the dress is very plain, I want to pair it up with something sparkley.... so I was able to wear a necklace that I have bought from H & M. With this big of a statement, I didn't want to wear any earrings that stands out too much on top. My intention is to have this necklace stand out on its own.


This necklace was fairly cheap... I think it was $11.99.... I forget. It makes any simple outfit that much more formal.

As you can see, a nice piece of jewelry/accessory doesn't have to be expensive.
<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. Love it!! I have these sandals I am lusting over on Asos will most likely give in this week and get them!

    http://lizbeth612-onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Liz,
    That website has really great shoes and dresses. Sometimes they even offer discounts. =)

    ReplyDelete