Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nail Polish Haul

Hi Everyone,

If you have been following me on my blog, you will notice that I love nail polish. I believe I have practically every color you can think of. Most of the time when I do buy nail polish, I like to buy them when they come in a collection.... for example, the OPI Shrek collection, Essie 2011 Spring collection, etc. It's just fun to see the color combinations for each individual collection.

Recently, MAC has came out with their  Quite Cute makeup line and there were 2 colors that I was dying to get. I got the pink color called Ice Cream Cake and the green color called Mischievous Mint. Here, I am wearing Ice Cream Cake and the color just blends very well with my skin tone. I will put on Mischievous Mint in a later blog.




The camera is not picking up the brightness of this color.... it looks a bit light pink here, but it's actually bright pink.

I finally received my package for Essie New Spring 2011 collection and the color I am wearing is called Coat Azure. It is an enviable ocean blue tone. All the colors in this collection are mostly pastels which I will also show you in my future blogs. I love how this color screams Spring! Spring! Spring!

Ever since I have tossed out my OPI top coat nail polish I am on a hunt for a good top coat. The OPI top coat was good at first, but when it got closer to the bottom of the bottle, the polish became gloopy and hard to apply so that is why I had to toss it. I do not recommend buying OPI top coat for this very reason. Since then, I have tried the Sally Hansen no chip acrylic top coat. I have issues with this one. I don't know if I am applying this wrong, but every time I put this over my nail polish, and in a day I can see little lines near the tip of my nails. It's hard to describe how it looks...... I guess the lines look like little cracks. This is totally a waste of money- $4.99.

Then, a few days ago, I found the best top coat ever!!! It's called Seche Vite. They sell this at any Sally Beauty supply store for $5.99. For a dollar more, I am definitely going to buy this over Sally Hansen. It works so well. I am very rough on my nails and what I mean by that is I would use my nails to open boxes instead of a scissor or a knife. I need something strong that can last.
Pros: Dries fast, no chip for at least 4 days, makes the color on your nail look vibrant
Con: once you open the bottle the smell of the chemical is very strong. I guess that is what makes it stick.


If this product does not get gloopy towards the end like the OPI, I will definitely re-purchase it again.

Another great find and many more to come!
<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. I have both the coat azure and the seche vite it's the best top coat I agree!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, Seche vite is the shit!!!! It's been 5 days and my nail polish still looks awesome. <3

    ReplyDelete