Monday, May 27, 2013

House Project: Chandeliers from Khols

Hello Everyone,

This weekend, I was working on another house project. The house has old light fixtures that needs to be updated. I like a modern theme with a slight vintage feel. That being said, I went with chandeliers for all three of the lights I have changed out in my house.

If you have been following me on my little house projects, I don't mind getting down and dirty with putting together Ikea drawers, tables, or painting my house. However, no matter how many times I spent watching YouTube on how to change the ceiling lights, I still couldn't do it. I decided to leave that up to an expert because it is an older house and I don't know what to make it worse. I hired someone to do the wiring portion and I put the light together myself.

Here is a picture of one of the old chandeliers that was in the house (Now after seeing the picture below, you know why I had to change it out):


I replaced the old lights with the three chandeliers I got from Khol's during their friends and family discount which saved a lot.

For the dining room, I went with a large crystal chandelier (FYI, not real crystal):

The hallway, I wanted something small and precious so here is a mini chandelier:


For my room, I went with modern and chic:


Also, I like the look of the little paper lanterns, so I just added them to my plain white desk that is also from Khol's.

I hope this helps anyone who is trying to figure out how they want to decorate their house.  

Until next time, 
stay healthy, beautiful, and inspired.

Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment