Monday, September 5, 2011

DIY: Haircolor

Hello Everyone,

I am not claiming to be a professional hair expert, but I just want to share my experience of how to achieve a lighter hair color. I used to color my hair very often and my hair would just be fried from the chemicals. For almost a year now, I have not colored my hair so it can recover from all the abuse I did to it.
Here, my hair is completely black without any coloring.

Now, I want to go lighter, but at the same time I don't want to cause too much damage to my hair so this will be a gradual process. Truthfully, it will be bad for my hair either way, but it makes me feel better to think this way. =o)

I went to Sally's Beauty Supply store and I got all the essentials I need to color my hair. In the salon, it would cost $60-$100 to color your whole head with just one color. The cost for me to buy the products is $17. Do it yourself is a much better deal. I am a big believer in DIY.

The items that you will need are:
Tint brush and a plastic bowl to mix the ingredients.

Developer: depending on how much color you want to lift is indicated on the bottle. This will lift about 2-3 levels depending on the color you pick. I got the 30 volume 9%creme developer.

The last product is the color. Since my hair is very dark and to get it to a lighter color, I would need something blonde or close to blonde. The one I picked out is by Color Charm and it is in the color light ash blonde. The "ASH" is going to give my hair a warm undertone.

When you mix the two ingredients it will be a 1:1 ratio. I used all the fluids in the bottle from Color Charm and then pour in 42ml of the developer. Mix it will until it becomes thick and white. Try to spread this evenly throughout your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes.

Here is the result. I know.... I have A LOT of hair!


I may go a little bit lighter by using the same method again in 3-4 weeks.
Hope everyone had a great labor day weekend.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment