Thursday, September 1, 2011

Hot Rollers or curling irons?

Hello Everyone,

So, one of the items that I got from Ulta is........ HOT ROLLERS. Obviously. Not too many people use hot rollers these days. Am I just getting old? Hey, I do have all sorts of ceramic curling irons, flat irons, 3 barrel irons, etc..., but I tend to go back to my hot rollers. The pro about having these flat irons and curling irons is that it's so easy to carry when you are traveling and not have to worry about it being so bulky or taking up too much room. However, the curls does not have the same staying power as you would with hot rollers. Well, at least with my hair.

I do have a lot of hair and they are thick, so for me, my hair usually holds up the curls very well. There are times when it's misty and foggy in the city, that is when my hair gets frizzy and will not hold up any curls no matter what I put on it.

The benefits of using hot rollers are: the curls tend to stay on longer, it's not too damaging to your hair, and you will have more even curls on both sides. Sometimes when I am using my curling iron, one side tend to look better than the other. Also, with a curling iron I will often burn myself. Yeah, I did it a month ago and it was a really bad burn on my chest.

I have been using hot rollers for quite some time and here is the one that I have for about 11 years. Still works great and I can't believe Ulta is still selling this exact one in their store. It must be that good. =)
You can tell by the picture on the box how long it has been around.

It comes with 14 rollers and a steamer. After 11 years, I still kept the plastic bag with the rollers together.

The rollers look very simple with a soft sponge in the middle.

The steamer is not very big and can only heat up one roller at a time. This is the only downfall for using this particular set. All you need is water, then plug in the steamer and it takes about 2-3 minutes to heat up. Sort of like boiling water.

Because it can only heat up one roller at a time, I decided to get a bigger set by Conair. Just in time for the 20% discount at Ulta.


I love the way it heats up all 20 rollers at the same time including the clips!

All the rollers have a gap in the middle so it can slip into the heating unit.

Now, the important question is how does the curls turn out???!!!!
Once the rollers are heated, it took me about 10 minutes to put all the rollers in my hair. I used 16 rollers out of 20 and I have a lot of hair. What I also like about rollers is once you put it in your hair you can do your makeup while it sets. It's not like the curling iron where you have to hold it and wait.

This is to show you that the rollers do not need to be perfectly aligned.














Wait 10 minutes or when the rollers cool down before you start taking them out.

Without much effort in fixing my hair after I removed the rollers, here is the Farrah Fawcett waves.






Another pro about hot rollers is that the curls are soft and bouncy. I can already tell that these curls are going to last for days.

Have a great night!

<3 <3 <3




2 comments:

  1. you look awesome diana! you should be the PR for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, hot roller curls definitely last longer for me as well. I think its time for a switch back!

    ReplyDelete