Thursday, September 8, 2011

My Side Project as a Stylist for Morgan

Hello Everyone,

Another one of my side project! This took place probably a month ago and I just have not gotten around to posting this blog. Besides makeup, I do enjoy being a stylist. I love being able to express my creativity in fashion either through what I wear or on others. I don't have a particular style, but I know I like pieces that make big statement, colors that don't necessarily match sometimes, and mixing different styles together. I am a person who would just walk into a store and if nothing stands out, I would just walk back out. I get all my clothes on sale, but I don't search through the sales rack. If the clothes are on a sales rack, it has to pop out at me in order for me to do a second look. My clothes normally range from $10-$70 at most, unless it is something extremely unusual. I normally don't like buying clothes or shoes at full price, except from Forever 21 and H&M since they are not too expensive. Bags, I have to say sometimes I do buy it at full price because I don't like carrying something that is a knock-off from a high end brand. I know.... =o(

Alright, enough of my personal style. Let's get to the meat.

The first outfit is a maxi dress from the Kardashian line on QVC. Original price: $61. Sale Price: $42 (I got it a while ago when there was a promotion)
I paired the dress up with a simple vintage looking medallion from Forever 21: $4.80
Originally, I had a big statement coral necklace from Amrita Singh but it doesn't look right on Morgan so we had to substitute it with a piece that is not too heavy.


Model: Morgan O'Marro
Stylist: Diana
Makeup Artist: Regard
Photographer: Ryan Chua

The next outfit is also a maxi dress, but what I really want to show is the color of the necklace. Even though the dress is simple, the blue gives the outfit that pop of color. It makes the outfit that much more feminine and gives off a vintage feel.
Maxi dress: $28
Necklace: $22




The last outfit is for a nice evening out. The overly sparkly dress from Calvin Klein is a big statement in itself. For the jewelry, I want to emphasize the gold and black a bit more so I paired it with a simple gold chain with black beads. Yes, I like it dramatic sometimes. "Black n yellow, Black n Yellow, Black n Yellow,"- reminds me of that song.
Calvin Klein Dress: $39
Necklace: $16
Large Alice clutch bag from Halston: $89




Clothes are for you to have fun with and to create your own personal style.
Remember, look for sales!
Enjoy!
=( Missing NYC Fashion Week....

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment