Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nail Obsession!

Hello Everyone,

Not only are there new drugstore makeup products coming out this month, but also nail products. I am obsessed with nail products as much as makeup products and when I saw the new items on display at Walgreens, I just had to try them. I bought a few items to try and review so if you are a nail fanatic like me, it will give you a chance to go out and buy it before they are gone. So far, I have only tried one out of the three items that I got and I love it so much that I need to blog about it. Can you guess which one?


I will talk about the one I love last, but let me go ahead and show you the other ones that I bought in more detail.
Nutra Nail came out with Gel Perfect- a 5 Minute Gel Color Manicure. It claims to set your nails in 5 minutes to a patent leather shine without using UV/LED light. There is no need for a bottom coat or a top coat. What does patent leather shine mean? It means your nail will be so glossy it always looks wet.

I know I have this problem where after I apply my nail polish, knowing that it is still wet, I would have an itch to reach for something and end up smudging or messing up my nails. Hopefully, this will solve that problem. Again, I have not tried it yet to give it any review, however, I can tell you what I know so far.

Pro: "Suppose" to set rock solid like a gel nail, no UV light needed, dries in 5 minutes, formaldehyde, Toluene and DBP free.
Cons: There are only 12 colors, nothing too impressive about the colors
In this box, there are 3 bottles: Gel Color, Activator, and brush cleaner.

How easy it is to remove? You can remove this with 100% acetone or buy a box of Gel Perfect Remover that will remove your gel perfect color in 2 minutes.

Sally Hansen- Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips
I have heard really good things about these and have tried them in the past. I am not too thrilled about them because I find it difficult to get these darn stickers to aligned with my nails. The hardest part is shaping the stickers to your nail and every time I tried, it looks messy. When I was looking at the Nutra Nail, I glanced at the salon effects and saw a very cute pattern that I just can't pass up.

Red Hearts...... Great for Valentine's Day.


I will give it one more try because they are so cute. They are also very expensive for a pack of nail stickers/polish so if it doesn't work out for me, I will not be buying them anymore.

The last item is my favorite.......... imPRESS nails. I have never been a fan of plastic press-on nails because they look so fake and uncomfortable. After seeing this, my first impression was "you gotta be kidding!" When I was younger, I used to have press-on nails and they would not stay on at all. Then I thought, ok..... let's give them a try because they have a lot of cute styles. There are 36 styles and I only picked out two to try.

D040- Pick Me: French Tips
D090- Space Cadet


It claims to last up to a week when applied properly. I have not worn it for a week yet. so I cannot say if it does or not.  The direction is straight forward: Peel off the sticker and press on.  The kit contains 24 nail covers in 12 sizes and a cleansing wipe to prep your nails by removing any oil or dirt.


The packaging is very creative. The press-on nails are contained inside a replica of a plastic nail polish bottle.



The part that took the longest for me is to match these nail covers to my own nails to see which size fits. While figuring that out, I found that some of these nail covers are a bit short. For example, I can see my own nail peeking out from underneath the nail cover for a few of my fingers. My recommendation is to file your own nails down before applying these nail covers over them so it will be covered.
Once that problem is solved, everything else look great.

Another thing to be aware of is your nails may feel a bit heavy and your nail bed feels tight, but that is just something to get use to. I am very impress with how strong the sticker is on these nail covers. I put them through many test to see if they would hold up and they did. I wore them the entire day doing dishes, cooking a whole meal from start to finish, opening plastic bags and containers, and they still stayed on perfectly. Some people say theirs' fall off later in the day, but I didn't have that problem. Maybe it is a hit or miss. All I know is that they are still on looking like new.

I am definitely going to buy another pack of the french tip. It took me less than 10 minutes to put the nails on. Oh, when you are putting on the nail covers, make sure to do your thumb and your index fingers last because it is easier to use those fingers to peel off the sticker.

Look how beautiful they are:



This product is promoted by the beautiful Nicole Scherzinger.

Image Detail

Some people ask me if I am still cooking and yes, I am.
I wore the imPRESS nails to make this meal. Ma-Po Tofu over rice and chinese broccoli on the side.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment