Monday, January 23, 2012

Products that Fail

Hello Everyone,

Remember how I was excited to try some of the new nail products that just came out this month? Well, I can tell you that the Gel Perfect 5 minute Gel-color manicure by Nutra nail completely fail. I had such high expectations for this because it claims to dry in 5 minutes as a gel nail without UV light.

I don't know where to start. The box came with 3 miniature bottles: 5 Minute Gel Polish, Gel Perfect nail color, and the brush cleaner. Just for this kit, it was $12-13.


Step 1 is to use the 5 Minute Gel Polish on top of your clean nail. No base coat is needed. When I unscrewed the bottle, the brush looks like this:


I hate when the brush is split like this and how do they expect you to paint your nails with it? Also, it's very important not to get the 5 Minute Gel Polish on your skin because it's very sticky. Well, it was a bit difficult to work with if I am getting this type of brush. 

Then, I open the Gel Color nail polish and the brush is very thin and stiff. I've used a variety of nail polish from $1.99-$25 and I have never seen this poor of a quality before. 

I still continue to give it a try. I can feel my nails harden similar to a gel nail, but it does not look nice like a gel nail. The overall quality is very poor. #Fail!

I also picked up the No-Mess Express Gel Perfect Remover ($8) and it claims to remove the Gel Perfect Color nails in less than 2 minutes. NOT! It looks so easy and fast on the box, but I had to do some major scrubbing and it took me probably 15-20 minutes to remove the gel polish from my fingers and toes. Even though most of the polish came off, I still see some left overs on my nail. So not a clean and easy process. #Fail!

Next item on the hit list is the Make-up Brush Cleaner by Crown Brush. I know the MAC makeup brush cleaner is not the best, but this is soooooo much worse than MAC. At least I feel the MAC makeup brush cleaner gets a lot of the products off, this doesn't even come close. I can still see the products on my brushes no matter how much I used. Also, there is a scent to this which I am not very fond of. I will still use this until it is empty because I don't like wasting it, but never will I buy it again. #Fail!

Brushes
I can tolerate cheap brushes that are made with soft hair, but I cannot tolerate brushes that are cheap WITH stiff hair. While I was looking through my brush collection, I found a few brushes that I always avoid using. 
ELF Total Face Brush. I know ELF brushes are $1-$6 which is very cheap.  There are few that are great, but most are not. The hair on this brush is not very soft to the touch and has a lot of fall outs. I cannot see anyone using this as a foundation brush or let alone a blush brush because it feels so rough. The other two brushes with the black handles are from Bare Escentuals and think the hair are very thick and coarse. I do think Bare Escentuals do have decent brushes, but these two are just not brushes that I gravitate towards. I rather spend the money towards ELF (some), Sonia Kashuk, Sigma, Sedona Lace, or MAC brushes.


I hope this is helpful
Have a great night!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment