Sunday, January 9, 2011

Circle Lenses

Hi Everyone,

Who likes Japanese Anime? Don't you think the girls look pretty with their large glossy eyes? Circle lens has been a fad in East Asia (Japan, Hong Kong, Singapore, South Korea) for a long time and in America I am sure quite a few girls have already heard about it. Circle lens are cosmetic contact lenses that have a black ring on the outer rim of the contact to enlarge the appearance of the iris. These are sold in Asia and are not yet on the shelves in America, however, you can purchase them online. Please note: MAKE SURE YOU CONSULT WITH YOUR OPTOMETRIST FIRST. I want to make sure we go over safety before we talk about beauty because your eyes are irreplaceable.

In America, you would need a prescription from a certified optometrist to purchase contact lenses because they need to make sure the fit is right for your eyes. In Asia, this doesn't necessarily applied. The reason why circle lens may be unsafe is because the diameter is larger than the normal lenses which allows less oxygen to enter your eyes. If you are buying circle lenses, make sure they are approved by the health services.

So, where does one buy circle lenses? You can buy them at www.pinkyparadise.com, Mycandyeyes.com, etc.... They come in different colors and different styles depending on the kind of look you are going for. I have ordered my set of circle lenses from pinkyparadise.com and I tend to go for more of a natural color like the brown or grey..... even green sometimes.

Let me show you what I ordered and with my order I also got FREE adorable contact lens cases. Check them out!!

I am currently wear the grey ones, but here is the brown.....

and the green.

I tried not to wear these lenses for too many consecutive days because I want to make sure I give my eyes enough rest from them.

The FREE gifts are so fuckin adorable! I would just go on the site just to buy these cases.

Frog.....

Hippo.....

Pig.....

AND an elephant!

 Now, I want to show you some pictures of how circle lens look on and the big difference it makes versus someone who doesn't have it on. It definitely makes your eyes appear bigger, brighter and more 'babydoll' like.


Remember to give your eyes a rest if you decide to wear them.

<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. I do like them. I have one brand that I wear in particular that doesn't make my eyes red... it's the G&G in grey. I am trying out the Barbie and I feel like my eyes get dry faster. It depends on your eye shape.

    I have been wearing them for 2 years and so far it has been good. I do alternate them between my Acuvue and circle lenses.

    I hope this helps.
    <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete