Monday, January 24, 2011

Eyelash Enhancer/Stimulator

Hi Everyone,

In one of my blogs I have talked about eyelash extensions and they are great. I do miss them. However, they can be expensive to keep up because they need to be maintained every 2 weeks. Every visit is about $25 or more depending on where you go. Also, with eyelash extensions I find it hard to apply eyeliners and you need to be careful while removing your liners or else you will end up removing some eyelashes along with it. I prefer to use q-tips. Because of these reasons, I decided to try out other products that will hopefully give me similar impact as the eyelash extensions.

I ordered LiLash from Ebay which I have heard give good results. I have been using this for 3 months and I just started to notice my eyelashes getting longer. In the first month, I didn't see any growth and it was frustrating. I went from having long lashes with eyelash extensions to nothing. Another month passed and I still haven't noticed anything different. Gosh darnit! I was about to give up. I know in the instructions it said to apply it twice a day, one time in the morning and one time at night. I have only been applying it at night so maybe that is why it took a while for me to see any results.

Now, I can see that it is working.
LiLash: Helps you grow long, thick lashes fast. After you start getting the results that you want, you don't have to apply it daily.


Without mascara

With one coat of Mascara



There are positive and negative reviews about this and I would like to call them out.
Pros:
It works.     
It's probably one of the fastest eyelash stimulator on the market.
Easy to use

Cons:
LiLash ingredient contains prostaglandin and paraben. Paraben is a preservative that is used in a lot of cosmetic makeup, shampoos, moisturizers, shaving gels, toothpaste, even in food. It mimics your body's own hormone and can have endocrine disruptive actions.
Can cause swelling and discoloration on your eyelid. For 2 weeks my eyelids were irritated and red.

This works similar to Latisse but it is non-prescription.
On Ebay you can purchase this for $80 for one tube and it will last 4-6 months.

Ever since I heard LiLash contains paraben as one of their ingredients, I will not re-purchase this again. It works wonders, but I did some research and will be using a different brand of eyelash stimulator.

I bought an eyelash enhancer serum called Enormous Lash. It is prostaglandin and paraben free. I will be switching to this once I am out of LiLash and I will test it to see how well it works. On Ebay, it is half the price of LiLash. You can buy it for $45 and I heard it doesn't really irritate your eyes as much, but I think most eyelash stimulators will for at least a week.


I hope this helps those who are interested in getting long luscious lashes without having to maintain them at a salon.

<3 <3 <3

Let me know if you have any questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment