Thursday, January 27, 2011

Sigma High Definition brushes!

Hi Everyone,

Good makeup brushes can cost an arm and a leg, but not anymore.  I remember when I was younger I couldn't afford to buy a MAC brush.... those darn thing cost a fortune. So, I would use my fingers to apply my makeup (make sure your fingers are clean though). I still do for some foundations because the warmth on your fingers melt the makeup which makes it easier to apply than a brush. Now, I can afford to buy some MAC brushes but they are still quite expensive. I only buy the ones that I need because the brushes can cost from $17.50 to $52 for one small brush. Cray Cray isn't it?
I guess if you take care of your brushes then it will last a long time so investing in nice quality brush is good. Not only do they last longer, they provide a flawless look when you apply your makeup.

Well, there is another online site that sells good quality makeup brushes called Sigmabeauty.com. These brushes are comparable to MAC. They have very soft fibers/filaments that feels good against your face. A lot of youtube beauty gurus rave about these and I can tell why. The high definition brushes were high in demand and since they are back on the website, I ordered a set. This set comes with 3 brushes: Sigma F82 Round Top Kabuki, F80 Flat Top Kabuki, F84 Angled Top Kabuki.

It cost $42 for all three, if you buy these brushes at MAC you will be paying $116. What a difference in price.

In addition to my set of brushes, I got a complimentary travel brush too with my order. I love receiving free bonus items, who wouldn't?


Here it goes, the three infamous high definition kabuki brushes!


F80 Flat Top Kabuki brush: The best brush of them ALL! This is for applying liquid, cream, or powder products. 


Hey.... you can see the color of my nail polish. It is Kelly from the "Wonderful" collection from Zoya that I blogged about yesterday. Love the color!

So, when I got this set, the first brush I used was the F80 and it makes my liquid foundation on my face look flawless. Now the brush is yellow =(..... I clean my brushes after each use with MAC makeup brush cleaner. It takes the products off and also prevents bacteria from growing in your brushes... after all, you are using it on you face so make sure to keep the brushes clean. Once in a while I will use johnson & johnson baby shampoo to do deep cleaning on these brushes.


F84 Angled Top Kabuki brush: This is good for blushes or bronzers. I find it easy to contour my cheeks with this brush. I haven't used the new one yet because I have another one of these from Sigma that I have ordered few months ago.



F82 Round Top Kabuki brush: This brush is used for areas that are hard to get to with other brushes like around the nose or under the eyes. I have never used this brush before, but I will tomorrow!



I usually like to keep the cover on my brushes so it can maintain the shape. 

Good deal for good quality brushes!
Keep up the good work Sigma! MAC has competition now.... they need to step up their game.

<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment