Tuesday, January 4, 2011

My Favorite Fragrances for December

Hi Everyone,

For the month of December, I find myself reaching a lot for these 5 fragrances: Pink(Victoria's Secret), Room 504(Victoria's Secret), Honey I Washed the Kids (Lush), Naughty and Nice (Victoria's Secret), Classic X (Jean Paul Gaultier).
Out of these 5, I do have my top 2 favorites that I can't live without...... drum rolls.....

#1 Honey I Washed the Kids!!!  $44 for a small bottle... it's all worth it.
I got this perfume from a store called LUSH. They are known for their fresh handmade soaps and bath bombs. The items that they sell use very little or no preservatives and are derived from vegetarian ingredients. Another awesome thing about them is that they only buy from companies that do not commission tests on animals.  So, please support them (they can be pricey, but you can spoil yourself once in a while).
They have stores all over the country and online..... the only negative thing about purchasing online is that you can't smell what you are buying unless you know which scent you like already. Walking into a LUSH store is like walking into a bakery.... once you step a foot in there you can smell the freshness of the soaps..... aaahhhh.... some people feel like it is too strong, but I love it. I also like the way they sell their soaps by pounds... they usually make big chunks of soap and you can tell the sales person to cut a pound or two for you and then they will wrap the soap in a piece of paper like how they would wrap a piece of meat at the grocery store. Because they are freshly made, they all have a 'used before date.' How cute is that? Also, some of the soap can be put in the fridge like the jelly ones.

Ok..... I think I got off track.... so, I fell in love with this scent when I got the soap and I thought how neat it is for them to make a perfume out of it. It smells like toffee and honey.... yummy!
I went to LUSH.com and they don't sell this anymore... so sad..... what am I going to do? I guess I better cherish what I have left. There is nothing special about the bottle, but its about what's inside that counts.
I don't want to go off topic again or I will never get done with this blog....

#2 Room 504 Fragrance Mist (Victoria's Secret): $12
This is a warm and sultry scent from the "Do Not Disturb" collection.... ooohhh I like the sound of that. The warmth from the amber and the freshness from the passionfruit combine makes a great day time wear....night time too if you dare. =) I feel like this particular mist spray last longer than the other ones and it's light enough to wear all year long.
#3: Jean Paul Gaultier Classic X: $54
This one has a woody note with some orange blossom. It definitely smells sexy and sophisticated... something I would wear for a night out on a date. A little spray of this goes a long way..... guys who over spray themselves with cologne are a turn off.... please..... it's not sexy.

#4 Naughty and Nice (Victoria's Secret): $12
I just got this over the holiday and it smells so good. It is no longer available online... shucks! This fragrance mist has white orchid and black amber.... a little bit of both worlds. I usually like to combine this with a little bit of Room 504 for more staying power. For fragrance mist you can be a little heavy handed, it is not going to exert an overwhelming smell..... like a perfume or a cologne.
#5: Pink fragrance mist (Victoria's Secret): $10
When I spray this on it make me feel happy. The scent, green floral, is described to be fun, sexy, and playful.
Top note: bergamot, mandarin, green leaves, violet leaves, artemesia, juniper berry
Middle note: freesia, lilly, neroli, peony
Bottom: has more dry scents: sandalwood, vetiver, musk, and vanilla.

This is what I have in my bag.... and when I need an extra boost during the day, I would spray some of this on to wake me up.

There is nothing wrong about smelling good, just don't over do it.
<3 <3 <3
 

No comments:

Post a Comment