Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Clarisonic Mia

Hi Everyone,

Most of you know that I am always in search of good inexpensive face/skin products. I find that it is important to keep your skin looking healthy and vibrant. Especially after a long day at work, I just want to go home, take a shower, and wash my face. I am a person who likes to do multiple things in the shower..... nothing dirty if that's what some of you are thinking... more like shaving my legs and armpits, scrubbing my face, sometimes brushing my teeth, etc... all-in-one. So, I was looking for something that I can bring in the shower that will be part of my facial cleansing routine. Well, Lord Behold! Clarisonic does just that.

I got my little cute MIA close to 5 months ago.... last October at Sephora. It was breast cancer month and I am all about supporting for a good cause.  Not only does some of the proceeds goes to the Breast Cancer Research Foundation, it's pink and it's something I was looking for. I have been using this ever since and the fact that it is small, it is easy to carry with you when you travel. This little thing is expensive but in the long run it is worth the money.

I don't really have anything negative to say about this except that it is pricy and replacing the brush head is not cheap either. The one that I have is the MIA and it cost $149 (comes with one brush head and a small facial cleanser). It cost $40 for two brush heads if you need to replace it.


On the positive side, it improves skin tone, reduce the appearance of pore size, and helps your skin care products do their work.
The Clarisonic Skin Cleansing system has a 'micro-massage action that suppose to remove 6X more
makeup and 2X more dirt and oil than cleansing with your hands.'

Not only is it easy to use with just one speed button, it is also easy to clean. Just by twisting off the brush head, it comes right out and let it air dry.

I would recommend to replace the brush head every 6 months, maybe more often depending on how rough you are.


I remember when I first got this.... I was nervous about how hard that brush is going to feel against my face. I thought it was going to scrub my face raw.... but after getting over that initial fear, everything was a piece of cake. It doesn't feel like a scrub.... more like something vibrating against my face. Every time I move it around my nose area, I always feel like sneezing.... I think it's just me.

Another small fear that I have is bringing something electric into the shower.... even if it is not connected to an outlet or it is said to be waterproof.... my gosh... if that thing has a defect while I am using it.... what am I supposed to do? Damn those scary movies.... j/k.... I am over it.

To charge this baby up, all you have to do is clip the white part of the adapter to the bottom of the machine. There is a magnet that holds the two together.

Since I did use up that little itty bitty facial cleanser it came with.... I started to use whatever product I want with it. I am currently using the proactiv renewing cleanser. I used proactiv a while back when I had huge zits, but no need for that anymore.... got over puberty already.  Although, I have some products leftover and their renewing cleanser is actually pretty good, I will be using that. I would also change it up with my Neutrogena Deep Clean Cream Cleanser.

Oh, you can also use this for your entire body too!
Lastly, there is a limited edition one that came out at the Clarisonic Website which also help support breast cancer research.... look how cute this one is too... I like the design.

I hope this helps for those who are looking for a good skin cleansing system.

<3 <3 <3

2 comments:

  1. I have the same exact one and I LOVE it!! I agree it's worth a pretty penny but it's worth it for sure!

    Please follow me I just started my blog :) Thanks! http://lizbeth612onceuponashoe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for sharing your Clarisonic Mia cleansing experience. Sounds like you are really enjoying it. We also appreciate you sharing the Limited Edition Clarisonic Mia. Take a moment and check out our celebrity autographed Limited Edition Mia auction: http://bit.ly/ez7yEj all of the proceeds go to support Look Good...Feel Better. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete