Friday, February 11, 2011

New Bedding from Target and Lush Goodies! Great for Valentine's Day!

Hi Everyone,

Last week was Lunar New Year and during that time people would clean their houses and wear new clothes to begin the New Year with a clean slate. That's exactly what I did! While I was organizing my room,  I also bought a new bed set from Target. Summer is coming and I wanted something light and feminine. I want to walk into a room that has a clean feel to it and a bed that I just can't wait to get in. So, I found the perfect bed set with cute details that I can't wait to show you.

Not only does it have a cute chic design, I love the color that I picked out plus I had to get a matching long white throw pillow to complete the look. To top it off, I love the teddy bear that I got from someone special which meshed very well with my bedding.


I love the scrunched up look and the details around the buttons. 

On one side of my bed stand, I have a container that is filled with Lush goodies. I have mentioned Lush before in my previous blog and it is basically a store that sells fresh natural handmade soaps, bath bombs, shower gels, lotions, shampoos, etc...  This is a great gift for Valentine's Day! I rather receive a basket filled with nice smelly soaps than flowers. 

So, now let's go through these goodies.....
This is a lip balm made out of honey, almond oil, shea butter, etc...
I am obsessed with anything that has a strong honey scent from that store. It smell so good that I just want to lick the tin.

Shower jelly! When I first bought this I was kinda iffy on how this jelly is going to feel as a soap. This product comes in a jar that you can twist to seal the top. I would dig in with my hand and scoop up a tiny bit of the jelly and rub it onto my sponge to lather up the soap. A tiny bit goes a long way and it makes your entire bathroom smell sooooo good. Let me tell you, it is a fun experience. 


I like that almost everything in the store has a picture of who made the product, when it was made, and how long the product is good for.

Then of course, my favorite scent 'Honey, I washed the kids.' For a small piece of soap, it is very expensive. I only get it once in a while and would try to make it last by cutting small pieces off at a time. It is cute how the top looks like a honeycomb. 

I also have a small piece of 'Rock Star' leftover from the last time I went to Lush. This one smells like sweet bubblegum mixed with cotton candy. When using Lush soaps, I always cut them into small pieces because when you leave it in the shower it tends to melt faster... that's why I have it in my room in a glass jar. It looks pretty and also makes my room smell nice.
Here is also another soap I got a while ago that I haven't used yet. This heart shape soap has glitters on top which leaves your skin sparkling. Nice to use when you are going out for a nice date.

I like the sound of this one.... 'It's Raining Men!' I heard a lot of good reviews and again, it has a nice honey smell. I can't wait to use it. This better live up to its name... or I will be disappointed.

Lush also makes the best massage bars. It's nice to give someone a massage (*maybe a Valentine's Day gift to the other person who likes receiving massages) using this or  to use it when you get out of the shower. It makes your skin feel smooth and soft. There are many scents to choose from and my favorites are the peach (the one down below) and... 

the strawberry.... yum-o! These massage bars melt once they come in contact with your skin so place them in a tin jar/can to prevent it from melting. The sells person also give me a sample of the Vanilla Puff dusting powder. After rubbing the strawberry massage bar onto your skin and adding this Vanilla Puff powder on top will help keep the moisture in and also your skin will not feel too greasy. The combination of this is to die for.
Sorta like making your own strawberry vanilla moisturizer.  Sounds good doesn't it?
Talking about all these soaps make me hungry... 
Happy Valentine's Day!
Alright, have a good nite!
<3 <3 <3

No comments:

Post a Comment